Middle for Maya

We like [name_f]Maya[/name_f] for a first and have been batting a handful of middles back and forth. Would welcome any comments/thoughts at this point as my brain is turning to soup.

Of note: We’ve tried to focus on R names in order to honor a family member with her Hebrew name. Our vibe is quirky, but leans towards casual. Meaning is also important. Last name is three syllables and Jewish (think “Rosenberg” but not).

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rune[/name_u]: Dad’s fave and top contender at this stage. I did too much googling and am now slightly put off by the fact it’s almost exclusively used for old men in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u]. I have a bit of Scandinavian/Germanic background, but no one we know will know that, and we’re approaching this as a word name rather than name name. I do really like that it’s kind of magicky and unisex.

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]: This was the top contender before we thought of [name_u]Rune[/name_u]! I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is adorable and it would serve as a dual honorific as my recently passed grandmother was an amateur gardener of rose varieties. But I’m not sure how I feel about the flow of it with [name_f]Maya[/name_f].

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f]: Flows beautifully and hews closer to the Hebrew name we will choose (Rifka). I also have a long deceased [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] on my Italian side, but not someone I ever met. It’s very romantic but I’m just not sure it feels like “us” since it’s a bit flowery.

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Zohara[/name_f]: We love the meaning (Hebrew: light, splendor) and generally feel like this name is awesome. But it doesn’t have any personal meaning for us and while we could still pick whatever Hebrew name we want, it’s obviously further away from what we’re going for.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

1 Like

Maya Claire
Maya Vivian
Maya Clarice
Maya Kate
Maya Isabelle
Maya Leanne
Maya Laelynn
Maya Noelle
Maya Sue
Maya Camille
Maya Aileen
Maya Elaine
Maya Diane
Maya Deanne

1 Like

How would you pronounce [name_f]Maya[/name_f]? Because I know a little girl by this name and she says May-ah, but I’ve also heard it pronounced My-ah

Maya Rosalie is stunning!

2 Likes

We would pronounce it MY-uh

1 Like

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Racheli[/name_f] would be beautiful, although it’s different from the Hebrew name you’ve chosen. from your list, I love [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]!

Other ideas:
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is lovely! I also think [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rune[/name_u] has a cool vibe and would not be associated with old men.

Some other R middles:

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rhode[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Roz[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u]

2 Likes

Firstly [name_f]Maya[/name_f] is gorgeous!

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner has two friends with young daughters called [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and she’s a favourite of my sister’s (along with Erin) so she’s well & truly been pinched otherwise she’d be on my radar too.

So you have an amazing list but I have to go with the middle name [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. For me [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is perfect she’s romantic, floral (I’m a sucker for florals), elegant, feminine, very eurochic, feels unexpected in the middle name slot (a refreshing twist on Rose) and I love the family connection as well. [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is just so charming a very beautiful name that I would love to bestow onto a daughter. Definitely my favourite.

[name_f]My[/name_f] second favourite is [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] just because I love romantic frilly names and this is my vibe

Good luck

1 Like

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Reece[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Reign[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Raquel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Remi[/name_u]

1 Like

I’m really taken with [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rune[/name_u], actually! [name_f]Maya[/name_f] gives me this adventurous world traveler vibe, and in combination with [name_u]Rune[/name_u] I can just imagine this future [name_f]Maya[/name_f] taking off for an archaeological dig or going to see the Northern Lights or studying Sanskrit. I think it’s really cool.

1 Like

I’m guessing you’re pronouncing Rune like the word is pronounced in English (like roon) and not like the name is pronounced in Swedish (kinda like rue-neh, you can listen to it here) so I wouldn’t worry about it sounding too old man. I think Maya Rune is really cool!

2 Likes

such a cute name !!

Maya rosalie is adorable!

Maya Annalise
Maya June
Maya Vivienne
Maya Lillian
Maya Daisy
Maya Phoebe
Maya Natalie
Maya Rhiannon
Maya Rachel

1 Like

I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] sounds very pretty with [name_f]Maya[/name_f]! It has a dainty, unique look to it, but is not too weird and honoring her grandmother’s hobby sounds very nice.
Overall, I think that [name_f]Maya[/name_f] would look nicer with a three or four syllable name than a one syllable name.

I think [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] sounds lovely. What is the pronunciation of [name_f]Maya[/name_f]? I like either with [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. I agree that [name_u]Rune[/name_u] gives a unique quirk and spunky vibe to [name_f]Maya[/name_f], but I wouldn’t choose it. Since [name_f]Maya[/name_f] is shorter to begin with, my style would be a name like rosalie or longer. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a few ideas, fern, royal, florence, fleur, hawthorn/e, rosebay, grey, rain/e, eleanor, mackeray, rosamund, or rosemary. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] planning! :bouquet:

I love both [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rune[/name_u] or [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] for you! I do think [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rune[/name_u] flows better but overall personal meaning is more important than flow to me, and the connection of your grandmother and her roses is a lovely one with [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

You may also like [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Raquel[/name_f], [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rafa[/name_u], or [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Ronja[/name_f].

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_u]Rune[/name_u] is so lovely- intriguing and distinctive!!

I like all 4 of your options, I think I would personally go with [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], it sounds so lovely and I like the meaning behind it. [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] is also beautiful & I find rune & [name_f]Zohara[/name_f] intriguing. Good luck with your decision!

I love the name, [name_f]Maya[/name_f], great choice! I have to say I personally am not a big fan of [name_u]Rune[/name_u]. I think I’d prefer [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] or even just [name_u]Rue[/name_u].

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is very beautiful but very “girly girl” to me, so quite a contact from [name_u]Rune[/name_u].

I love [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] for you, I think it’s what I would use in your place. I also wanted to throw out the [name_u]French[/name_u] feminine [name_f]Raphaelle[/name_f] (pronounced the same as Raphael)—maybe this would make it more your style?

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Zohara[/name_f] is stunning and this would be my choice is not for the “r” honor name element you would like to include.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that’s helpful, congrats on your [name_f]Maya[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]!

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] :rose: :sparkles: