Middle for Oonagh

Hello! I’m Tindra, and my husband and I found out semi-recently that we are expecting our third child!!! We have a daughter named [name]Aoife[/name] Oc”ane and a son named [name]Niall[/name] [name]Ludvig[/name]. In sticking with the Irish theme we’ve set for the first name, we’ve chosen [name]Oonagh[/name] for a girl and [name]Duncan[/name] for a boy. For [name]Duncan[/name], we’ve already got a middle name: [name]Felix[/name]. [name]Duncan[/name] [name]Felix[/name]. But we have a slight problem with a middle for [name]Oonagh[/name].

I would like to honor my mother, [name]Fran[/name]”oise [name]Danielle[/name], in [name]Oonagh[/name]'s middle name. But, as much as I adore and love my mother, I seem to hate both her names. I haven’t found a variation of either I like as well. If you have any ideas for how to honor a [name]Fran[/name]”oise [name]Danielle[/name], I would love to hear them! (they don’t have to be French!)

Thanks for any advice!

• Tindra

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Oonagh[/name] is lovely, as are [name]Aoife[/name] Oc”ane, [name]Niall[/name] [name]Ludvig[/name], and [name]Duncan[/name] [name]Felix[/name]. :slight_smile:

Variants of [name]Fran[/name]”oise (I’m sure you’ve seen most, if not all, of them, but I thought that I’d put them out there):

[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Francine[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Francisca[/name]

You could also use an name that shares the same first initial:
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]*

[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] is my favorite from these, especially since it’s a French word name like Oc”ane.

Names that share the same middle initial:
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]*
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]

From these, [name]Oonagh[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] would be my choice - it shares the [name]EL[/name] and N sounds with [name]Danielle[/name], and not just the D beginning. It also happens to be French…

Also, what month was your mother born in? You might be able to use the name of her birth flower, birthstone, or the name of the month itself. Names that have to do with her favorite plants, hobbies, etc. might also work…

Good luck! :slight_smile: