Middle name dilemma driving me loopy - please help!

So our baby’s due any day (or minute!) and we still haven’t decided on a name. We are 90% going with [name]Oscar[/name] as a first name (my grandad’s name), but all the MNs we like don’t work with that and our surname, which is [name]Perry[/name].

Some examples:
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Cassius[/name] - too many "Cs’ and Ss’
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Cosimo[/name] - doesn’t flow
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] - leaves us with initials OAP, which stand for Old Age Pensioner in the UK (where my family is from)
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Alessandro[/name] - as above
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name] - too ‘two syllable’
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Rocco[/name] - doesn’t work
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] - Very ‘S’ heavy

The only other combo we’ve considered is [name]Leo[/name] [name]Oscar[/name], but not sure that has a great flow, either, and we’d have the initials LOP.

As [name]Oscar[/name] is such a traditional name we’d love a more unusual (but not totally ‘out there’ MN but nothing we like seems to work. PLEASE help!!

I really wouldn’t get hung up on “the flow.” I always post this, but, how many times are you going to actually say his full name aloud? I also think many people name with a flow that sounds like a a double first name even when they aren’t using a double first name. That’s why [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] are so popular.

I think [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Perry[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Cosimo[/name] [name]Perry[/name] sound just fine.

My favorite combo is definitely [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]! Such a distinguished and wonderful name!
He won’t be using all three initials all that often will he? Does your family think it’s weird for him to have the initials OAP? Maybe it’s not as big of a deal as you think it is?

I also agree with the pp that sometimes we can get too caught up in the flow, when it’s really more important that you love the names you are using.

[name]Just[/name] something to think about!
Good luck to you!

P.S. I do feel your pain-- I can’t seem to find anything that flows with my chosen girl name that I actually like as well! I will probably end up going with something that isn’t the best fit, but that I love.

I agree! I think some of the names you chose are really nice, such as [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name].

Unfortunately the little one would definitely get teased by his [name]Brit[/name] relatives with OAP as the initials - we thought about adding a second middle name to counter this but then it all started to get out of hand!

I love [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]. I don’t think the prevalence of /s/ is a problem at all, especially since there isn’t an /s/ in your last name. [name]Don[/name]'t pass up a name you love out of too much concern about the flow.

I think [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Cosimo[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name] are great! I agree with the others who said to use a name you love even if the flow isn’t optimal. We get hung up on flow on sites like this a lot when in real life it just doesn’t come up that much imo. [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name] [name]Perry[/name]. So each name has two syllables, so what? It is a handsome, distinguished name and would serve your little one well. I love the repeating O especially because it has a different sound in both names; I like the repeating R in [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Perry[/name]; it works as a fun, spunky name for a mischievous boy, a teenager and a professional adult. I say go for it!

You have some great names on your list and the one that I am leaning towards is [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name].

The ‘o’ is said differently in both names, and while [name]Milo[/name] looks like a short name it sounds like a long one to me.

I like [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Leo[/name] too.

I vote [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name]. Good luck!

I vote [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name] [name]Perry[/name] as well. I think it flows nicely.

[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] would have been my favorite; but [name]Oscar[/name] S. [name]Perry[/name] is a little “s” heavy. I don’t mind the o’s in [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name] or [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Leo[/name] but I can understand the theory of wanting to avoid all 2-syllable names but I woulnd’t ditch the name [name]Oscar[/name] over it.

My favorites are [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you’re still looking for middles, but if you are:

[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Perry[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Julian[/name] [name]Perry[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Perry[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Perry[/name]

I hope you choose one of the names you love on your list. :slight_smile: I love [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]!

Take care! :slight_smile:

Thanks all! It seems like [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] are the favorites at the moment. If anyone else has an opinion I’d love to hear it!

[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]! What a great name! [name]Both[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] are one of my favorite names ever, ever, ever!

I know that [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] has more s sounds than [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Milo[/name], but I still love [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]! I think it looks amazing, and it’s the coolest [name]Oscar[/name] combo I’ve ever seen! I think it’s beyond handsome!

So, I’m voting for [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Perry[/name]. (I also love how the longer middle saves every name from having two syllables. I think it sounds great!)

Good luck! :slight_smile: