Middle name drama

Hello Berries!

[name_f]My[/name_f] son has his Grandfather’s names as his middle name… So two names.

[name_f]My[/name_f] Daughter has her Grandmother’s names as her middle name, so two names as well.

Our third child, now that the grandparents names are used how do I choose familial middle name for a third child?

I could use great grandparents but then someone would get “left out”… Because it’s 4 great grandmas and 4 great grandpa’s…🥲😂 and I really want only two middle names Max…

1 Like
  • How about a family surname from each side?
  • [name_u]Or[/name_u] combining some of the names - like [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] if one great grandma is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and the other is [name_u]Anne[/name_u].
  • [name_u]Or[/name_u] asking the great grandparents what names they like
  • [name_u]Or[/name_u] using a creative honor name - like two place names of where each couple met/married. [name_u]Or[/name_u] a hobby/interest of theirs.
5 Likes

Maybe use names from you family tree?

Birth month names? Anyone born in April, June, May, August who you love? Or any month really, if you like those. Maybe siblings’ names, family middle names, family surnames past, peoples’ favorite colors or things…

1 Like

You could combine names, you could choose a name that represents your family like a surname, you could choose an aunt, uncle or cousin instead, you could choose something that’s meaningful to your family like a place name?

1 Like

Name her after her parents:)

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Haven’t thought of some of these suggestions :slight_smile:

What about naming her for your siblings?

Combining both your names or finding the female versions your partner’s name.

Best friends names
God parents names

Birth month names, birth stone names.
Name of place you met
Name of location you married ( if you are married)
Honeymoon location name.

Thanks everyone!

I like the idea of using their Dads name or my name combined with a last name, we don’t know the gender yet but I think it could a neutral familial option :slight_smile: