Middle name ending in Lyn

I’d like a Welsh middle name ending in [name]Lyn[/name] to honour my mother ([name]Lyn[/name]), my [name]MIL[/name] ([name]Marilyn[/name]) and my sister ([name]Caitlyn[/name]) and also to honour my Welsh heritage. I’d prefer one with 3 or more syllables but the only one I can think of is [name]Gwendolyn[/name] which isn’t my style.

Usually I don’t like misspellings of names but as it’s a middle name and the “[name]Lyn[/name]” part is important to me, I would even consider things like [name]Lynnea[/name] ([name]Linnea[/name] spelt wrong!!) but it has to be Welsh in origin.

First name would be [name]Claudia[/name] (after my partners late grandmother [name]Gladys[/name], whose name is the Welsh variation of [name]Claudia[/name]) and one middle name would be [name]Poppy[/name] which is my late grandmother’s birth flower. Surname is [name]Morgan[/name]. So probably [name]Claudia[/name] _____lyn [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] though I’d also consider [name]Claudia[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] _____lyn [name]Morgan[/name] if the flow was better!

What can you awesome berries come up with? And also can anyone tell me the meaning of Eiflyn? I dreamt recently that I had a little girl called [name]Claudia[/name] ([name]Claudie[/name] :)) and she was telling me her middle name was Eiflyn ([name]AVE[/name]-lyn) so I looked it up and although there is virtually nothing about it on the internet I found a couple of records of Welsh people called Eiflyn and the “eif” part seems Welsh to me. I can’t find a meaning for it though.

Thanks guys and [name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name]/Boxing [name]Day[/name]! :slight_smile:

I like trying to find very specific names within certain guidelines.
I’ve found these so far.

Heulyn - [name]Ray[/name] of [name]Sun[/name]
Gwenlyn - White [name]Vale[/name]
Rhoslyn - [name]Rose[/name] [name]Valley[/name]/[name]Moor[/name] [name]Valley[/name]

Containing [name]Lyn[/name]:
[name]Glynys[/name] - [name]Vale[/name] or Clean/Fair/Holy
Glynwen - White [name]Vale[/name]
[name]Glynda[/name] - Clean and Good
Lynfa - [name]Vale[/name] Place
Lyneth
[name]Lynwen[/name] - White [name]Vale[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Kiki[/name]! Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

Heulyn, Rhoslyn and Gwenlyn were already at the top of my list funny enough (along with Telyn, Celyn, Eiflyn and [name]Emlyn[/name]) but I feel like a 3 syllable name would sound better. What do you think?

I don’t really like the “[name]Glyn[/name]” sound in girls names. Lyneth is lovely but I find conflicting views on the internet as far as it’s origin goes. Can you confirm that it is Welsh and if so it’s meaning? Some places say idol which I can kind of believe since the Welsh for idol is “Eilun” so it has the “lun/lyn” but others say it means beautiful one.

Thanks again!

I am not sure the origin, but I have always liked the name [name]Carlyn[/name].