Middle Name for a Female Character

I’m looking to find the right middle name for a central character in a story. She’ll go by her middle name more so than her first name, but I can’t seem to find something that fits her well. It’s set in a fantasy world and the names aren’t restricted to one time period or place.
Her name is [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] Castell. She has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and is 19 for the majority of the story. She’s very calm, compassionate, generally upbeat, and stands her ground when what she believes is called into question.
The names of her family members are [name_u]Lane[/name_u] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] Castell (brother), Aleja [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] Castell (sister), Belladonna Ruise-Castell (mother), and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] Castell (father).
The names I’ve considered &/or don’t wish to use are: Plant/flower names, color names, [name_f]Tiana[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Dianna[/name_f], and [name_f]Belle[/name_f].
I hope that’s enough information and thank you in advance!

I think [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is fitting with other names in the family.

I agree that [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is fitting. It’s also a beautiful name all around in my opinion.

Hmm…

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: Pretty popular, perhaps, but there’s a femininity to it and an upbeat sound (“Liv”!) while still having a bit of backbone. Detractors: [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] might be a slightly iffy combination with the leading L sounds. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], “olive tree” is also a nature (plant) name, which you said you considered but didn’t want.

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]: I’m a bit iffy about this one when in combination with her FN, and the sound of it is a bit harder, maybe a bit more exuberant than her “calm” demeanor would suggest, but the meaning of this name is very upbeat and suggests an uncompromising, just nature. (Vicki is the obvious nn, and far from my favorite, but Tori is a cute possibility, imo.)

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]: This is a very statuesque, elegant name for all of its lovely simplicity, and I think it actually makes a gorgeous combination with [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]. I think it encapsulates the attributes you mentioned, and while the backbone of it has more give and flexibility than the other two names (“gracious” comes to mind), this is not the name of a character that would crack under pressure. If you see [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as a character wise enough to know when to bend in compromise and when stand her ground, definitely consider [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as a contender.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f]: Admittedly, I’m offering this one because I like the way it sounds in conjunction with [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and the fact that it’s short, simple, and can stand on its own. There’s a sense of independence to this name and the vibe that no one steers the character but herself. It’s the kind of name that has a bit of a quirkiness to it, so if [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is at all quirky, spirited, or off-beat in her own unique way, consider [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and its unique flavor.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]: If you don’t mind the BtVS/Angel connection, this is another choice; I’ve heard complaints about it being popular…? But imo, like Anne Shirley said, “It’s such a perfectly elegant name”. This is a name that stands on its own perfectly well with strength, grace, and character, and I can’t imagine that your character could go wrong with it. You’ll also have a couple cute nn options if you have other characters who prefer to dole out nns for their friends. This name in conjunction with [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] might be a little clunky, but I’m not entirely sure because every other time I say it I feel like it flows, and then I’ll say it again and it trips over my tongue. I’m also not sure how you’d feel about the matching hard C sounds of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and Castell, but they otherwise have such different sounds that it’s not that much of an issue.

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]: This name is more unassuming than my other suggestions. There’s no frill to this name, no quirkiness, no overtness. Its simplicity and unassuming nature are its own beauty and strength. This feels to me like a humble character who sees things like they are and is by nature practical and reliable, sturdy but still quintessentially feminine without being cute. Imo, a character wearing this name wouldn’t tolerate being talked down to; she is an equal, make no bones about it.

[name_f]Theia[/name_f]/[name_f]Thea[/name_f]: Admittedly, this is something of a GP recommendation (I personally prefer the former to the latter; I think it’s prettier aesthetically). It has origins in Greek myth, and NB says it means “goddess, godly”, so take from that what you will. I think this name flows well with [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and Castell, and it stands strong and powerful on its own. There’s an understated regality and overflowing sense of calm and levelheadedness to this name, despite how short and sweet it is. This name has weight to it while being weightless, offering a sense of history while still allowing the wearer to shape it in her own image. (If any of that even makes sense; it’s late for me, sorry. XD)

Okay. Seven suggestions! I hope you don’t mind my train of thought comments to go along with them. I couldn’t help myself. Hope something in here helps, if not that one of these feels right then that they’ll help point you toward something else that does. :)

All I can think of right now is [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] or [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. Those are a bit corny though.