Middle name for Bowen

Hubby and I like the name [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] ([name_m]John[/name_m] is my father’s name and his step-father’s–both of whom passed away from cancer), but we know we would inevitably end up calling him [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] because neither of us like [name_m]John[/name_m] much as a first name and [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] lends itself to an unfortunate set of initials. So. Any suggestions for other middle names that go well with [name_m]Bowen[/name_m]? We are not throwing [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] out. [name_m]Just[/name_m] looking for some other potential options. =]

Thanks!

A variation of [name_m]John[/name_m] might work?

[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Shane[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Ivan[/name_m]

Some others:

[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Clarke[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Maddox[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] also came to mind

Thanks for the suggestions! I hadn’t considered a variation of [name_m]John[/name_m]. Not sure I love any of them, but definitely something to think about. I also really like [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. I kept getting stuck on [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] with ‘J’ names, so this is helpful. lol

I used [name_u]Everett[/name_u]. It means ‘strong as a wild boar’ and I think it’s captivating and classy.

[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] Crouse
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Brandt[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Fyodor[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Hamish[/name_m] (that’s a stretch, I’m just playing with the alphabet)
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Kane[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] Levander
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Noam[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Othello[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_f]Solstice[/name_f]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Walder[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Zebulon[/name_m]

That was fun. ” [name_f]Hope[/name_f] there’s some inspiration in there somewhere.

I love [name_m]Bowen[/name_m]! Maybe consider giving him three names?

[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] (as previously suggested)
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Definitely some good inspiration and some names I haven’t considered yet. I hadn’t thought about two middle names, either. That could work well.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] chiming in to say I love the name [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] as a first name. It is the name of an island near where I live and for various reasons we can’t use it but I wish we could!

Chiming in on making [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] the first name! Also, having gone through life as the person who wsnt by their,middle,name, it,is annnoying to constantly correct people. Or to be called a name that you dont go by.

Are you in a place that will immediately turn his name into B.J.? (I ask because, here, no one would do that).

Could you honor them in a different way?

Did they both like a sport or activity (opens up middle name options like [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], etc) or embody certain values or virtues? (opens up names that mean hard worker, strong, loyal, protector, etc).

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a few thoughts on additional options!

We’d really rather not call a child by their middle name for that reason. My husband’s older brother goes by his middle name (because he was named after his father, so they try to avoid confusion) and he finds it annoying.

I can’t say for sure that everyone would turn the name to B.J. (we would not), but I worry that is something kids in school would quickly pick up on. I know kids will find whatever they want to find to tease about, but I figure might as well not give them easy ammo. When I was in school, we all compared initials to see if anyone’s spelled anything cool, stupid, funny, etc. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if that’s still a thing or not. haha

I think [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] works. Unless you intend to call him by his initials, there’s no reason to think people would consider his initials unfortunate. You might consider [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Arrow[/name_m]… that’s just what I thought of first!

I love [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] for a middle name, but [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] is possibly a bit too close to “bow and arrow”… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I have some good options and outlooks on the matter to consider. I appreciate your feedback!

[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Sean[/name_m] seems like a good fit for what you’re looking for. Not sure if you’d like [name_m]Sean[/name_m] but you have some Irish GPs, and [name_m]Sean[/name_m] is the Irish form of [name_m]John[/name_m], so a nice way to honor without the BJ initials. Or maybe if there’s another ethnicity in your backgrounds you could use a variant of [name_m]John[/name_m] in that language.

I had [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] on my list for a bit as well, which you may like given some of the nature middles your combos have.