Middle name for Charles

See the results of this poll: Middle name for Charles?

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Charles Everett : 30 (38%)
  • Charles Wilder : 13 (16%)
  • Charles Hunter : 4 (5%)
  • Charles as legal name : 24 (30%)
  • Charlie as legal name: 9 (11%)

I love [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].
If you were to choose [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] I think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] matches better :slight_smile:

I really like [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]! It’s a great mix of classic and current.

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is simply stunning. By far my favorite.

I would advise not using [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as a full name, just because I cannot see it aging well or holding its own as a full first name.

My favorite is [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of giving nicknames as full names; I prefer giving the child options

I think which middle sounds best really depends on if your go with [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] on the birth certificate. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] sounds great, but so does [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].

If you plan on calling him [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], it is worth considering having that as his legal name, unless you want him to have the option to go by [name_m]Charles[/name_m] later in life. Though I don’t have a hard time imagining a grown [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] since that’s what my grandfather went by, he passed on his 70’s and no one called him [name_m]Charles[/name_m] unless he was in trouble. :wink:

All of your combos are great! I voted for [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u], but [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is a close second! Personally I would go with [name_m]Charles[/name_m] as the legal name and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as the nickname. Also wanted to suggest [name_m]Charles[/name_m] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u]) [name_m]Fox[/name_m]!

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is so handsome as his legal name, and the E middle initial lends itself to ‘[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]’ as a nn.