Middle name for Cora - Beatrice or Ophelia

Hello. I’ve posted here a few times and since our baby girl isn’t due until late [name_u]November[/name_u] I’ll probably post again.
:slight_smile: We’re decided on the first name - [name_f]Cora[/name_f] - but I’m not certain on the middle. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband loves [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. He thinks it’s feels a bit whimsical and is just a nice name. I’m not opposed to it, but I want to explore other options. I always thought I’d use nature middles for my kids, but my top picks - [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] have been vetoed. [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] because the er at the end clashes with her surname and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] for being too much r sound. Now all other nature names just feel forced, like I am trying to hard to fit a criteria. Anyways, the other name I absolutely love is [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], but I am uncertain of the flow of [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. Is there too much vowel sound? Should I just be content with [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]?

1 Like

Ophelie is a good option. I hadn’t thought of it and the e sound at the end does make a difference to the flow.

1 Like

I do prefer the flow of [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and I just prefer the name [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] in general (what a great meaning!) but [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] does work too. [name_m]How[/name_m] does your partner feel about [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]?

He thinks it’s a bit sad though has started to come around when I mentioned the girl in Pans Labyrinth. Hopefully, I can convince him if we have a second girl. It’s such a lovely name I don’t think it should be relegated to second place.

Beatrice so pretty :sparkling_heart::two_hearts:
It flows amazing :+1::+1:

Although I do prefer [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] in general, I think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is a little tricky to say because of the vowel-vowel bit between the names. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] does flow better. If you really wanted something like [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], how about [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or even [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (which has the same vibe to me)?
You might also want to consider [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], for the same sounds as [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] without the awkward flow. Good luck!

Cora [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is very pretty!

Cora [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is lovely but if you’re not feeling it, I’d keep looking

Cora [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

I do quite like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

I’d suggest maybe finding a name that could have a nature nickname, like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

Cora [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is beautiful! :grinning:

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is stunning!

I love:

Cora [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]

Cora [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Its not that I don’t love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], I think I’m just struggling to let all these lovely girl names go. Shoulda had twins!! :joy:

Congratulations!

Cora [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is gorgeous. Not keen on [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] it sounds off.

Suggestions…
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]

Cora [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is gorgeous! I don’t hear anything wrong with the two vowels in a row since O is a strong sound. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is nice too, but if you can convince husband I would go with the one you love.

Cora [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is beautiful and flows so well. Also I do personally prefer the [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] spelling.