Middle name for Daphne?

My husband and I have an agreement that I can pick our daughter’s first name if he gets to pick the middle. The caveat is that both of us have veto power. At this point, we’ve pretty much settled on [name]Daphne[/name] as a first but the middle is still open to discussion. Minus the names I’ve already vetoed, his four ideas are:

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Harper[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]

He’s said he likes all of these options equally. Any opinions on which is best? Our last name is 3 syllables and starts with a Z. I actually like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] quite a bit (despite the popularity) but I worry that her initials would be DIZ. [name]Do[/name] you think that’s a problem or am I over-analyzing? Looking forward to your input! Thx

Well, congratulations on picking a first name (a beautiful one, at that).

First off, I think you should eliminate [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] for the middles. [name]Daphne[/name] is too elegant and pretty to have either of those as a middle name. That’s not meant to be rude, I just think that they don’t have the same feel of [name]Daphne[/name] at all.
Next, I like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], but how I pronounce it, the repeated “ee” sound at the end sounds kind of off. [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Emmeline[/name]?
I love [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]! I think it’s so pretty and darling, and just all around a great choice. I wouldn’t worry at all about the initial DIZ, because initials are rarely noticed or mentioned. Plus, I don’t really see anything wrong with it.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree that [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] really don’t do [name]Daphne[/name] justice. [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name] are beautiful and sophisticated. I don’t think DIZ is a bad initial to have. I’m gunna go with [name]Emmeline[/name] for the simple fact that [name]Isabelle[/name] is a little more popular.

Well, I’m going to be different and say that the only two I like are [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Harper[/name]. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] is too much and [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] just makes me think “[name]Daphne[/name] is a bell.”

I also like [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] the best… because [name]Daphne[/name] is so feminine. I think it kind of balances out and would give her more of a choice as an adult. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is my favorite.

Thanks so much for the input, everyone. It really helps, even if there isn’t total agreement, lol. Would welcome any additional thoughts as well.

Thanks again!

I vote for [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Paige[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] :slight_smile:

I like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]May[/name], I know that’s not on your list, I think it has a nice ring to it.

I think [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Paige[/name] has a very sweet, feminine and down to earth vibe. I love the pairing so that gets my vote!

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Paige[/name] gets my vote! Another idea is [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. WDYT?

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] is by far my favorite!

I would say [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] is my favorite. I don’t like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Harper[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Paige[/name]. Like others have said those names don’t do justice to the lovely [name]Daphne[/name] (one of my very favorite names). If you are open to other suggestions I would go for something feminine and vintage in the middle. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name], etc.

I think the reason people disagree is completely due to style preference.
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name] are classic and vintage. [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] are more modern. I think if you come up with more criteria when you think about the name it will make it easier to choose. Like due you like the meaning of one name more than the other, the flow, etc. Personally I love [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isobelle[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name] (but I love classic vintage, so that’s just imo).

I like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Paige[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name].