Middle name for Declan?

Thoughts on a middle name for [name]Declan[/name]

what kinds of names do you like?
What is your last name?
Or if you are uncomfortable sharing your last name, how many syllables does it have and what does it start with?

I was more just curious what others thought would be a good name in general. I feel like [name]Declan[/name] is hard name to give a middle name for. My last name starts with a D and is 3 syllables. [name]Declan[/name] may be a mouthful with my last name… but I like to think (or try and convince myself) that it could work! I like Dec as nickname. I would like a more traditional middle name [name]Charles[/name], [name]John[/name], [name]James[/name]… (these are just some family names).

[name]Declan[/name] [name]John[/name] is very “n” heavy. Would work if there are no “n’s” in your last name.
[name]Declan[/name] [name]James[/name] - handsome.
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Charles[/name] - “l” heavy. Wouldn’t want “l’s” in your last name probably.
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Philip[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] - I love [name]Andrew[/name] as a middle. It is a middle name that I would choose.
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Alisdair[/name] - really love this!
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] - “d” heavy
[name]Declan[/name] can go with many middle names. I would have to know your last name in order to really give my opinion, but I suspect that there are many middle names that you could combine with [name]Declan[/name] and your last name.

how about [name]Declan[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]?
That’s on our short list. [name]Anthony[/name] is after a friend of ours that passed away.

Some more…

[name]Declan[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Robert[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]

Good luck, Zard! :slight_smile:

[name]Declan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is very nice!

[name]Susan[/name], our last name is DeMontel… I know [name]Declan[/name] DeMontel ([name]DEE[/name] not [name]DAY[/name] [name]Montel[/name]) is a mouthful. I am really pushing it i know. I love our last name but I have found that I can’t use many names I love… ie [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Nell[/name]… Oh and [name]Declan[/name] kind of honors my maiden name.

I think [name]Declan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] DeMontel is really cool, Zard! :slight_smile: I love [name]Declan[/name] DeMontel!

[name]Jill[/name],

YEA!! :slight_smile: I thought it worked but I also thought I might have been forcing it! haha

Definitely! Dec DeMontel will be the coolest kid on the block! :slight_smile:

I love that name I know a little boy named [name]Declan[/name] [name]Sean[/name] he is a cutie pie!!
I think [name]Declan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] Demontel is FAB!

also like the sounds of:
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Max[/name] Demontel
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Sam[/name] Demontel
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Conner[/name] Demontel

good luck : )

I love the suggestions of [name]Declan[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Declan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name].

Something about the softness of the “m” and “s” at the end of each goes well with the sharper [name]Declan[/name].

Plus they are both so refined sounding (handsome is the right word!) without being too heavy for a child to bear.

[name]Declan[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]

All of the above sound great with your last name! [name]Love[/name] your last name and love [name]Declan[/name] with it! So cool!

Other posters have listed great middle names, too. But I think the ones above are my faves. I am having trouble posting - a lot of my posts have been lost. So I am trying to write shorter posts.

how bout [name]Declan[/name] [name]Bleu[/name]/[name]Blue[/name] DeMontel?

[name]Even[/name] though most people most of his life will only know or say his name [name]Declan[/name] DeMontel or Dec, which is of primary importance when sounding out a name, I would avoid middle names that start with a hard C or K, or an N, and ones that start with the An/Lan sound. I think since it’s more of a lin or len sound, it might not be as crucial, but no [name]Declan[/name] [name]Leonard[/name] or [name]Linden[/name]! Probably avoid middle names that end with the -en/-an/-on sound, such as [name]Declan[/name] [name]Owen[/name] or [name]Declan[/name] [name]Martin[/name] or [name]Declan[/name] [name]Mason[/name]. Also give consideration to avoiding bad initials like U (not that it’s difficult), or E or V (not worst, but kind of funny, those will probably be obsolete when he’s old enough to buy them, lol).

I like the sound of:
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Michael[/name] DeMontel -I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Michael[/name], but it was the first to come to mind and it sounds strong.
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Foster[/name] - keep in mind I don’t keep a list or look up names, these come off the top of my head.
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Declan[/name] [name]Gregory[/name] DeMontel

Yeah, those all work. I could think of more if I looked them up. I know [name]Foster[/name] might be a little more different than you wanted in the middle, not my favorite, but it is sort of neat and straightforward. I can’t think of any one-syllable names for boys that sound good in that spot. I like [name]John[/name] and [name]James[/name], which will be adequate (actually I love those names), but if they’re not that important to you and you don’t love them, I’d consider 2-3 syllables.