Middle name for Edmond

You’re all so good at this. Can you suggest middle names that flow well with [name]Edmond[/name] Tillery? (No [name]Edmund[/name] spelling, I prefer [name]Edmond[/name])
Here’s some I’ve considered, but I’m just not crazy about any of them, I don’t think:
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]

For [name]Edmond[/name] Tillery, a one-syllable middle name would probably be ideal. Among your family, do you have any one-syllable boy names or family names that would be meaningful or that you like? Or, how about…

[name]Edmond[/name] [name]James[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jack[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jude[/name] Tillery

Our family middle name that I think goes with practically every name is [name]Reid[/name], but somehow I felt like it sounded a little incomplete. [name]Do[/name] you think it sounds good with such a short middle name?

I think the reason I didn’t like it with [name]Reid[/name] is the pronunciation. [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Reid[/name] flows just fine, but I’m pronouncing [name]Edmond[/name] with the ‘o’ sounding like ‘ah’ instead of an ‘uh’ sound. (And the -d is very soft at the end)

I’m not totally set on this name, just trying it out. It has a significant origin for us, but it’s not a name that I’ve ever been crazy about just for the sound and feel of the name. I’m thinking that if I can pair it with a nice middle name, then I’ll try it out for a couple of weeks and see if I warm to it or not.

If [name]Reid[/name] is a name with family significance, I think it would be a great choice! [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Reid[/name] Tillery has no repeating vowels, but is a bit /d/ heavy. Whatever you like, but I think it is definitely worth considering, especially if [name]Reid[/name] is meaningful to your family.

I really like the name [name]Edmond[/name]. [name]Edmond[/name] Tillery sounds very much like [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Hillary[/name], who was one of the first 2 men to summit [name]Everest[/name]. Not a negative association at all; quite the contrary… but just wanted to make sure you’re aware of it.

I think [name]Reid[/name] would work well as a mn sound and style-wise, if you decide you like it. I also really like [name]James[/name], suggested above. [name]Edmond[/name] [name]James[/name] Tillery sounds very handsome to me. Good luck :smiley:

[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Tillery came immediately to mind.

I don’t really like the flow of [name]Reid[/name] in the middle, though it’s a nice name. [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Reid[/name] Tillery sounds too clipped to me. I think I prefer a two syllable middle with [name]Edmond[/name] Tillery.

I also like:

[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Charles[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Cyril[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Rupert[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jonas[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Milo[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Otto[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Felix[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Lionel[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] Tillery
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] Tillery

[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Tillery!

I like [name]Edmond[/name] a lot! It’s actually one of my favorite middle names (spelled [name]Edmund[/name]) and it reminds me of [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Bertram[/name] in [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]'s [name]Mansfield[/name] [name]Park[/name]. I agree that [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Reid[/name] Tillery sounds a little off. Perhaps it’s the “re” in [name]Reid[/name] and the “er” in Tillery. However I really liked the [name]Edmond[/name] [name]James[/name] suggestion and [name]Cressida[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. I also like:

[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Chase[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Ezra[/name] (one of the possibilities Sprout suggested–love the alliteration!)
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jabez[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (Sprout’s suggestion–flows nicely)
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Philip[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Ross[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Titus[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Edmond[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Logan[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Stephen[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]