Middle name for Eleanor?

I’m starting to get really sold on [name]Eleanor[/name]…after a little research, it turns out my grandmother’s name [name]Elna[/name] is a form of [name]Eleanor[/name], so in one name we could honor my grandmother AND my honorary grandma [name]Nora[/name]. Plus, it is such a beautiful, substantial name (what better role model than [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name]?!), with great nn potential (love “[name]Ellie[/name]”!).

We had originally been planning on choosing from a small number of “meaningful” middle names (inc. [name]Nora[/name]), but if we go with [name]Eleanor[/name] as a first, I suppose the world of baby names is wide open for the middle name! I would like for it to have a nice meaning, so that it doesn’t seem like we just picked a totally random name, but I guess that’s not 100% required. Our last name is Cook.

Some girl names I like, to give a sense of my name style (my son’s name is [name]Simon[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]), though none of them really go with [name]Eleanor[/name]:

[name]Adele[/name]/[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]

From the list you gave, I actually think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] Cook, [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Cook, [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] Cook, [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] Cook, and [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] Cook all work rather well together.

Other ideas:

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Opal[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Vera[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Margo[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Ida[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Sadie[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name] is such a stunning name :slight_smile: I think [name]Eleanor[/name] can go with [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]. I have [name]Eleanor[/name] on my list with either [name]Ruth[/name] or [name]Autumn[/name] (I go back and forth because I cannot decide :wink: ) Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

Oooh! Ooh! Oooh! What about [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name]?

I looooove [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]!

[name]Ah[/name] I’m so glad you’re considering [name]Eleanor[/name] - it would indirectly honor [name]Helene[/name] too! (I think on the other thread you were hoping to do so?). [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] are wonderful together!

As on the other thread, I think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] works well, as others have said. I also think one of the pp’s gave you lots of excellent suggestions. I like a 2-syl for a 3-2-1 rhythm, [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] (light light for meaning, I think!), [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Vera[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Iris[/name] - swoon!

Good luck as you consider this one!

Thanks Jesba! You remembered right, only my grandma was [name]Elna[/name] [name]Helene[/name] [name]Emilie[/name], so [name]Elna[/name] and [name]Helene[/name] are the same person! :slight_smile: I’m liking it a lot, we’ll see if it sticks.

I know an [name]El[/name]éonore [name]Josephine[/name] and I think its a pretty combo, there is a Belgian princess named [name]El[/name]éonore and one of her middle names is [name]Victoria[/name] which is also goes well with it.

Going from other people’s suggestions, I like [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] the most. [name]Eleanor[/name] is a beautiful name and I absolutely love the nn [name]Ellie[/name]!

[name]Eleanor[/name]'s a really nice name, and would also honor my grandmother, which is why I was considering it in the MN spot. ([name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] was my top pick.) I’ve also considered [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name], which would honor both my grandmother and grandfather [name]Ray[/name]. It’s a nice combo, I thought.