Middle name for Ginevra

Hi everyone

Thank you for your help on my previous poll/post about the lovely [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]! I’ve narrowed down the middle names but I still have some doubts about each and I can’t decide if I’m over thinking. So, the three options are:

Middles for [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] 1
  • Ginevra [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
  • Ginevra [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
  • Ginevra [name_u]Snow[/name_u]

0 voters

Now, here are my doubts

Ginevra [name_u]Snow[/name_u] -I love it and it’s the one that makes me happiest. However, it is very, very Villette. (In case you haven’t read it, the main character of the book is called [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Snowe and there’s another character called Ginerva). I know most people won’t make that connection but I don’t know if it’s too much even so.

Ginevra [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] -I love [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and I love the elegant, magical feel it brings to [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]. The problems:I have a cousin called [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and distant relatives called [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and I’m worried it’s a bit matchy or that everyone would assume it’s an honour. On the other hand, I’m also pondering [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] as a first name. But I do love [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] a lot

Ginevra [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - I love the earthy feel [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] adds but I go back and forth on this combo. Some days I really like it, but some days it feels a bit unexciting. What are your thoughts.

So, considering that, would you change your vote?

• Ginevra [name_u]Snow[/name_u]
  • Ginevra [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
  • Ginevra [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

0 voters

Thank you if anyone made it this far and I really appreciate any help!

I love the sound of [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]! I’ve never heard of the book Villette, so I personally don’t make that connection.

I don’t think people would assume [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is an honor for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and if your relative called [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is really a very distant relative, I wouldn’t make that connection either. I think it depends how often you see her (or did see her, if she has passed away) and if that would be the rest of your family’s overwhelming association with the name.

1 Like

Like the majority of voters so far (it would seem) [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is the one that appealed most to me from your first list, but reading this…

… made me change my answer to [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]. I would never have made the connection you’re concerned about, and it’s been a favourite of yours for such a long time.

As I’ve said before, [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] is an absolute show-stopper of a name. Gorgeous, sophisticated first + sweet, quirky, surprising middle = a wonderful combination :white_heart:

1 Like

I first voted Ginerva [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] given how it sounds the best too me and I love it out of the three, I think it’s the best combo for you complications aside because it makes you the happiest! However I voted Ginerva [name_u]Snow[/name_u] after I read your conflict with both! I think no one would assume the honor and on a hypothetical (please think of this lightly as I don’t really see the connection even if people have read the book) it just be a fun coincidence not a purposeful honor like [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] might have! It also sounds just as darling as [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] I just prefer [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] as Ginerva [name_u]Snow[/name_u] doesn’t have the same effect as me :slight_smile:!

@katinka @EagleEyes @princesspanda thank you so much for your thoughts and reassurance! I think I’ll probably go with my heart!

1 Like