Middle name for Grace?

My husband and I decided on [name]Grace[/name] for our new baby girl. However, we are debating over her middle name! We have three options as of now. Our three options are [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Grace[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are names that we both love, while [name]Catherine[/name] is a name that we both like because it is a family name. For some reason, [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] appeals to me the most, but my husband is still uncertain. Please help us decide on [name]Grace[/name]'s middle name!

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] - just so beautiful and classic, flows well, would age brilliantly but [name]Grace[/name] is also a very cute name for a little girl, [name]Audrey[/name] Hepburn is a great association … the list goes on!
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - again, classics, although I think the flow is not as good as that of the other too.
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] - a brilliant flow, and such classics.

My vote is for [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name], but any of your options would be lovely.

You may also like :
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Evadne[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Ianthe[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Rosemary[/name] etc.
[name]Grace[/name] Eponine
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Colette[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Enid[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Elsa[/name]/[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Niamh[/name]/[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Orla[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Una[/name]/[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Ondine[/name]/[name]Undine[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]/[name]Evangelina[/name].

Good luck!

I second Twinkle’s post, and am voting for [name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. (I love [name]Caroline[/name], too, but when I say [name]Grace[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] aloud, the “Care” part of [name]Caroline[/name] attaches to the soft C from [name]Grace[/name], and I hear [name]Gray[/name] Scare-oline. With a short name like the beautiful [name]Grace[/name], I’d personally use a longer middle name, at least three syllables long.

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrina[/name]/[name]Audriana[/name] (not the best flow…)
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] (Although these A names are sounding kind of off with [name]Grace[/name]…I’m hearing [name]Gray[/name] Sadeline here…)
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Gigi[/name] could be nickname…)
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] has the most energy. The others are nice, but they seem like dolls’ names, really almost too nice in a suppressed way, princess-y but not in a fabulous way, very demure and behaving strictly, which may come out true or not! [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are classic, which is why this makes a very classy set, but in some ways quite sedate. My idea for middle names is mostly that people don’t know what they are, so whatever you feel is a good name is better than someone telling you it’s not. [name]Grace[/name] is a great first name, short and pretty and stylish and easy to recognize (a hard combo!), which she will go by, and, by itself, [name]Caroline[/name] is actually my favorite of the middle names you have on your list.

I am not the person with all the lists, but I do like some of the suggestions. I’ll try to think of some:

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] - this is very classic but in a more extraordinary tone - assertive and strong.
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Adriana[/name] - close to [name]Audrey[/name], with flair, but still very classy.
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] - pronounced [name]Caroleena[/name] - a dose more flair than [name]Caroline[/name] with [name]Grace[/name].
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Camille[/name] - I think [name]Camille[/name] is pretty and should be used more!
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] - also like [name]Alexandra[/name], this sounds stronger and very able.
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Avalon[/name] - a little different to mix it up; this may not suit you but I was thinking in sound terms of similarity, not genre.
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Leonore[/name] - this sounds quite unique but simple, heard of, and some of the same sounds as [name]Caroline[/name] rearranged may appeal to you.

I don’t know what last name this will go with, but again, I feel primarily that the child will be called first and last name, and the “flow” of the middle name is secondary with all of that. I also don’t know if the choices you posed are family names or significant to you or your spouse. Once you narrow down a list for your particular reasons, and then post it here, we tend to offer to expand your list! That’s just how it goes. I really think the names you picked to go middle with [name]Grace[/name] in front are all good names, I think they are all a few of the very best names there are!

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions! My husband and I have ruled out [name]Caroline[/name] as a possible middle name. We love [name]Caroline[/name], but do not love it as much as the other options. [name]Catherine[/name] is a family name which we both like, but do not love. [name]Audrey[/name] is not a family name, but we love it. I also have to thank Twinkle. She suggested [name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] and we both love it! Now we are torn between [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]! In addition, how do you feel about using two middle names? We were thinking of possibly using [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] would be our tribute to my Aunt [name]Catherine[/name]. What do you think? [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], or [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]?

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]

Go with the one you love!

my name is anna grace, grace is my middle name

anna means grace so i was given my definition for a middle name :slight_smile:

what about like grace hope, grace harmony, or something?

i think you should name her [name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], it is classic but cute

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name]

We don’t say Care oh leen or line over in [name]Oz[/name]. It is a short ‘a’ sound, Ka not Car. Therefore I would definitely vote for [name]Grace[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audra[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Just[/name] noticed [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name], this is lovely.

My vote is for [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]!! I do also like [name]Grace[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] but [name]Grace[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] has a better flow.