See the results of this poll: Middle name for Ione

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• Ione May : 13 (27%)
  • Ione Rose : 8 (17%)
  • Ione Skye : 8 (17%)
  • Ione Aurelia : 10 (21%)
  • Ione Cambria : 5 (10%)
  • Ione Artemis: 4 (8%)

I think [name_f]Ione[/name_f] is gorgeous! I chose [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] because it’s simple and fresh.

My favorite is [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] is an actress… it might be odd if your child’s full name was the same.

I chose [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think it’s sweet and alluring.

Yes, [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] was a fairly familiar name when I grew up (80s/90s). Might not be so relevant now. I love the sweetness of [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f].

My favourite is [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]. They’re both sweet and beautiful. I like [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] but [name_f]Iona[/name_f] and [name_u]Skye[/name_u] are both islands in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] and that was my immediate thought with the combo (not an issue if you’re not from the UK though I guess!). I’m not too sure about the flow of [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

Oh thank you, I didn’t know about the actress!

I love ione (and ilona) . I like the flow best with a one syllable middle, but I don’t think you can go wrong with it.

When written I like [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] however when spoken it’s a bit of a mouthful so I prefer the sound of [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u], and [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be my second choice.

good point [name_f]Lulu[/name_f].
I’m also thinking about [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], but not sure it flows well at all. [name_f]Ione[/name_f] as a FN definitely suits a shorter middle name, but I’m preferential towards longer pretty middles

My favorites on your list are:
[name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
Those middle name are sweet and enhance [name_f]Ione[/name_f], letting it shine.

I am not keen on these:
[name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - Normally, I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but I am not fond of the repeated long O sound in this combination. (I dislike alliterative vowels, but often like alliterative consonants.)
[name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - Too much of a mouthful and sounds jumbled.
[name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] - Still sounds like too many syllables, and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] saps some femininity from the name. A lighter, shorter, more feminine middle name would be better, in my opinion.
[name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Cambria[/name_f] - Flow is not ideal, but not too bad.