Middle name for Iris...

I’ve been dreaming up middles for [name_f]Iris[/name_f] since developing a huge crush on nn [name_f]Irie[/name_f]… Wanted to get your thoughts on the combos below and any other suggestions you might have that for my style would be really welcome…

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

I’m having twins in a few weeks and we have chosen [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Angell[/name_u] for the girl…which I think it’s absolutely stunning :slight_smile:
From the ones you suggested, I would pick [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

I really love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]: beautiful. A suggestion: [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
Best of luck!

I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f].

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is very pretty. :slight_smile: It’s one of the many flower names I’d like to get on my list!

I wouldn’t do [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]–too much flowers–but I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] would be lovely. I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. I love the idea of an “M” name with [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but I’m not terribly fond of [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] (or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]/[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]?), [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], etc.? I would suggest [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (which would be fab, I think!), but it’s your daughter’s name, right? [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]?

Good luck!

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] - Good flow, [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is okay, but I don’t love the name.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - I like both names, but the R sounds in both kind of clash when I say them.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - I like it.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - Really beautiful.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] this!
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - Good flow, but [name_f]Lily[/name_f] feels sort of tired to me as I see it all the time.

Overall favorite: [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

Hmm…
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is a lovely feminine name. She’s spunky and elegant.

My thoughts on the combination:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] - I dislike [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] I find the name too frilly. I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] needs a stronger middle name.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is incredibly feminine, she has a gorgeous sound and a lovely nature name. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] despite oozing femininity has a strong sound that works with [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. It’s a lovely combination.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - She’s a lovely combination very fruity and fresh. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is a lovely retro choice that works with [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. Maybe to nature inspired though…?

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is a great name but she feels too frilly with [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is a great name with a beautiful European flair. [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is just elegant! I love how she looks and sounds with [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. The combination is great.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - I love nature names, but maybe together it’s too much.

Yes I have a little [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]… I love how [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] sound together though perhaps they are a little expected? It seems [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is the favourite so far, good respinse to [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] too. Anyone else got any thoughts? [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is really growing on me!

These 4 are my favorite

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

Other suggestions

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Jonquil[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Calandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] - pretty
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - perfect flow
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - lovely

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]

I think it works best with a 3 syllable name with the stress on the 2nd or 3rdyllable.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f].