Middle name for Ivy

I saw the recent post where the mom-to-be is considering [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. I love that, but my last name starts with K and I’d like to avoid the initials ICK! (Or even IKK, using [name]Katherine[/name].) I have a one-syllable last name. Any good ideas? Thanks.
P.S. My husband is not a fan b/c he’s convinced the child will be called Poison [name]Ivy[/name]. Is this a legitimate fear?

[name]Hi[/name] there! I really like [name]Ivy[/name], too, but I do see the Poison [name]Ivy[/name] potential. With [name]Ivy[/name] becoming more popular, though, I think it will be okay. If you have concerns, you can always use it as a middle name! :slight_smile:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]/[name]Rosamond[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] ([name]Sophia[/name] is quite popular, though, but I think it’s really pretty with [name]Ivy[/name])
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is very pretty, even if it’s a popular name. I love [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], too.

I wouldn’t worry about the Poison [name]Ivy[/name] issue too much. Almost every name has some sort of bad nickname potential. [name]Ivy[/name] is so pretty, I wouldn’t pass it up over that alone!

Some other combos that go well with [name]Ivy[/name]:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

I adoe [name]Ivy[/name]! [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is lovely, and some wonderful suggestions have been made. Here’s what popped into my head (sorry for repeats):

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] Pomeline
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Mathilda[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] Rosabel
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Liliane[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] / [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

I think the three syllable middle names work best with [name]Ivy[/name] and a one syllable last name – no Cs everybody, remember?? [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] are both beautiful and I think you’re instinctively gravitating toward the three syllable suggestions!

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] - [name]Meredith[/name] is one of my favorite middle names!
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Gillian[/name] - I would pronounce [name]Gillian[/name] with a soft “g”.
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Millicent[/name]

Thanks everyone! This has been a big help. I still really like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] (not sure why I didn’t think of it) and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] is great. The Poison [name]Ivy[/name] thing still has me concerned, but the name is too sweet to pass up for me. Thanks again.

[name]Hi[/name], I’m the lady that asked about [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], the posion [name]Ivy[/name] thing doesn’t bother me because its not that big of a tease. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] is very pretty and [name]Ivy[/name] could suit a girly girl or a tomboy
hope I helped some!

~[name]Bree[/name]

I like [name]Ivy[/name] Cl”mence or [name]Rosalind[/name].

The Poison [name]Ivy[/name] thing doesn’t deter me. It’s not “true ivy”. I think of the hedera species first. The lovely stuff you see climbing buildings and stone work.

Oh, didn’t avoid the ICK, not that it would bother me. Replace [name]Clemence[/name] with [name]Eugenia[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name].