Middle name for Jonah

I’m loving the name Jonah, but none of the other boy names I’ve picked out seem to work for a middle name, except maybe Lawrence.

We have a boy (Everett James) and a girl (Elizabeth Mariah), and if #3 is a girl our top pick is Vivian Emilia.

Since Jonah is biblical, I’d rather balance it with a non-biblical middle name. With the others I tried to balance a traditional name with a more unique name, but Jonah falls squarely in both categories imo, so I’ve got some freedom with the middle name. I’m struggling with the soft ending of Jonah, since it doesn’t bounce to the start of the middle name very easily.

Our last name is fairly long and starts with H, if that helps.

Any suggestions?!

So far I’ve got:

Jonah Lawrence
Jonah Ross
Jonah Reed (or maybe Reid)
Jonah Myles
Jonah Garrett

And Jonah does seem like a good brother sib set for Everett, right? My mom balked at the bad luck connotation but it doesn’t bother me or my husband. We’re big readers, and Jonah makes me think of a ‘Jonah Day’ in Anne of Green Gables, but not in a bad way. Kind of nostalgic to me. :slight_smile: The Bible story doesn’t seem like a bad connotation, either. And I love the “Dove” meaning in Hebrew.

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is great!!
I like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Ross[/name_m]

I’ll suggest
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Clarke[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]

For some reason, a two syllable name that ends with an “n” flows really well with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]. For example: [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Simon[/name_m], or [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Kilian[/name_m]

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is nice! I like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] from your ideas.

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] was my first idea, but [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] might be too close for your liking? What about:

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Theo/name_u
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]

I seem to like short, punchy names after [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]! I used to be a MASSIVE fan of [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], though, and [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] was the combo of my heart, so maybe [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]?

Good luck!

Thanks guys! I think you’re on to something with the two syllable ending in “n” idea. The ones I liked best out of y’all’s suggestions all ended with “n.”

Nelson and Allen are both family names, so I’ll consider those. Maximilian actually is too…I thought it was too much, but perhaps my first impression was wrong. My husband’s favorite grandfather was named Maximilian (& he passed recently), so it would mean a lot to him.

(Jonah Rhys and Jonah Clark both stood out to me too - I had considered those, so I’m glad someone else thinks they sound good too!)