Middle name for Judah? Last name begins with S. Thanks.

I’m at a loss with finding a name that goes with [name]Judah[/name]. So far I like…
[name]Onyx[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
Please feel free to add to my list.
I need advice.

Is this as a first mn to go between [name]Judah[/name] and [name]John[/name]? Or are you axing [name]John[/name] altogether?

Personally I would steer clear of names beginning with a strong vowel sound as the end of [name]Judah[/name] runs into them, just my opinion.

Did you want some suggestions similar to [name]Judah[/name]'s style or [name]Orion[/name]'s?

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I’m thinking of [name]Judah[/name] as a first name…any suggestions for a middle name? And yes, I’m axing [name]John[/name] altogether. :slight_smile:
Thanks so much.
[name]Val[/name]

Ok, that makes sense:) I would also be helpful to know how many syllables are in the last name, this is for flow issues. Some suggestions:

[name]Judah[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] S. - together it means praise given by God.
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] S.
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] S.
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] S.
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Bram[/name] S.
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Noam[/name] S.
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Saul[/name] S.

It’s actually really hard because a lot of the longer or shorter biblical names either start with a vowel or a ‘J’ which wouldn’t create a good flow.

Anyway, do you like any of these?

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Well, I really liked [name]Orion[/name] or [name]Onyx[/name] but I’m not sure how well they go with [name]Judah[/name]. The last name has 2 syllables and ends with ‘man’ just to give you an idea of flow.
[name]Valerie[/name]

I agree with [name]Charlie[/name] about avoiding middle names beginning with vowels, because it creates an awkward flow to me. (The back-to-back vowel sounds may not bother you, though, and there’s nothing wrong with that.) :slight_smile: I can better see [name]Jude[/name] with [name]Orion[/name], though.

[name]Judah[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] (unless your last name has two syllables)
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Judah[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]

In case you’re also considering [name]Jude[/name]:

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]William[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Judah[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is my favorite combination suggested so far. Have you considered [name]Judah[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] or [name]Judah[/name] [name]Brian[/name] in place of [name]Judah[/name] [name]Orion[/name]?

I don’t know if this occurred to you yet, but then I also don’t know if your last name begins with an S like and SSSSS sound or a SH or SCH sound or what - [name]Judah[/name]'s middle name will not normally be heard when spoken to or about, his name might sound like [name]Judas[/name] with your last name. Most often we are called by our first name or first and last name in the practical context - if there is another [name]Judah[/name] in his class, he would also be [name]Judah[/name] S., sounds just like [name]Judas[/name].

It would sometimes be de-emphasized if your name actually started with a SH sound, which would also start with S, but you weren’t specific. [name]Judah[/name] is a great name, though, I would just be more careful if it’s going to sound like [name]Judas[/name] a lot of the time. I know someone was recently reconsidering [name]Judah[/name] for this reason, although I don’t know if the last name began with an S. I think [name]Jude[/name] or [name]Jonah[/name] would also lessen the effect. I think it is worth considering, and then decide whether or not that’s a truly negative factor to you. I just felt that I had to mention it before you used it, and then if you found out too late, it would not have been caught in time. If it doesn’t seem like that big a deal to you, at least you know beforehand.

Good luck!