Middle name for Julia

My husband and I love the name Julia for our baby girl but can’t agree on a middle name. Do you have any favorites from this list or suggestions? Claire, Elizabeth, Jean and Johanna are family names honoring grandparents. I am not sure if a long or short middle name sounds best. Last name is Campbell.

Julia Rose
Julia Grace
Julia Claire
Julia Eloise
Julia Elizabeth
Julia Vivienne
Julia Violet / Violette
Julia Jean
Julia Johanna
Julia Josephine
Julia Frances

Thank you!

It’s a hard choice, but I really like the fresh, feminine charm of [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]! All your combos flow really well and sound nice, but I just like the vibes and feel of sweet & slightly more youthful [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] second favourite is probably [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Violette[/name_f], and my third favourite [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]!

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to Nameberry! [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is a stunning choice, so underrated!
Flow-wise, I think the best choices from your list would be [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Violette[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorites are [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Violette[/name_f].

2 Likes

I love an honor middle and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] flows really well. Having a meaningful middle is so special!

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are my favorites! I like having a middle name on the shorter side since [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is three syllables (I say jewel-ee-uh, maybe you say jewel-ya!). I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] also gives you the [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] honor since it begins with “el” like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as honor names. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is my favorite, and it could also be a nod to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] a lot! [name_m]Sharp[/name_m] and pretty! [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] are lovely too!

A few ideas:

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Cerise[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Blair[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m]! [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is a lovely classic name. In choosing a middle name that works with the last name [name_f]Campbell[/name_f], I’d say anything that is NOT two syllables, [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is a funny name in that it might be considered two or three syllables depending on pronunciation. A one -syllable middle is ideal in terms of flow, but if you’re choosing an honor name , I’d say honor the person you feel most strongly about, or who may not get honored with the name of another child! If your spouse is one of eight children , say, and you’re one of two , pick a name from your side of the family !

With your last name I think I like the shorter middle names - [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Jean[/name_f] all sound pretty good to me.

1 Like

[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], & [name_f]Frances[/name_f] are my favorite middles for [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f]. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is so gorgeous and underappreciated!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Jean[/name_f]

1 Like

I tried to blend some of your family names into it! Here are some options!

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Blair[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f] (Claire)
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f] (Elizabeth)
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f] (Johanna)
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Jean[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_m]Ellis[/name_m] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Sage[/name_f] [name_f]Campbell[/name_f]

What a stunning name! Honestly all your middle name choices are fabulous so you cannot go wrong.

For me personally I really like the potential of having a JJ nickname .

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Jean[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]

I think my favourite is [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Jean[/name_f]

1 Like

I like:

Eloise (esp if you’re Elise)
Elizabeth (see above and flows better than Eloise)
Josephine (probably my fave in terms of flow but Julia Eloise or Julia Elizabeth look so pretty and connect to you).
Rose (a classic!)
Jean (unexpected - would probably only use if it’s an honour name though, bit dated)
:ribbon:
Claire doesn’t flow super well to Campbell and nor does Frances (I love Frances but the A sound to A of Campbell makes me unsure - Julia Frances is so chic though!). I find it slightly hard to go from Julia to the two V names. Grace doesn’t flow as smoothly to me (it overpowers Julia), and neither does Johannna (to my ear, maybe Joanna but there are prettier names on the list, I think).

1 Like

Thank you! So many helpful suggestions for how the names sound together and appreciate the vote of confidence for [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! I was worried it might be too long or old fashioned but they are two of my most favorite names :two_hearts:

1 Like

I think the rhythm of the name (including last name) is perfect (the more I say it, it pips [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] to top spot) and has such pink, fresh and floral, garden like imagery for me. It’s not too long - I prefer long middles anyway to the one syllable for eg, which can seem like a filler.