Middle name for Layla? Thinking about Layla Faith...thoughts?

After the [name]LONG[/name] debate over the names [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Layla[/name] I think we’ve finally decided that [name]LAYLA[/name] will be her first name! Now if we could just pick a middle name we’d be set! I’ve always liked [name]Faith[/name] as a middle name but it’s not my husbands favorite…he actually doesn’t have a favorite at all. Suggestions? Opinions? ANYTHING! I just want to name this baby already!

First things first, not all babies NEED middle names, they’re just fun if you want to be able to use more than one name for your child (like if you have two or three you really love). But that being said, middle names can effect the initials of the child and the rhythm of the entire name, so when you choose them you should choose them with this in mind. [name]Layla[/name] is a two syllable name, saturated with the “L” sound. I really like how the three syllables name [name]Thalia[/name] or [name]Talia[/name] sounds with this name, the “T” sounds in the beginning break through that “L” sound yet mimic it at the same time. Good luck!

Thanks…we really want a middle name for her because my mother actually doesn’t have a middle name and she hates that! She also hates her first name and always says if she HAD a middle name she would go by that. She’s in her 50’s now and it still bothers her!

Aw, [name]Layla[/name] is really pretty!

I like the way [name]Layla[/name] [name]Faith[/name] sounds…I really like the repeated long A sound, other thoughts:

[name]Layla[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Rain[/name]

[name]Layla[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] isnt bad actually if you really loved both! I prefer the flow of the above names, but its a thought.

[name]Faith[/name], [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Rae[/name] are our top 3 middle names :slight_smile: funny you mentioned those two! If we went with [name]Chloe[/name] it was either going to be [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Rae[/name]

My favorite middles are [name]Mae[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Plum[/name], and [name]Grace[/name] if that helps.

Wow!
For me, [name]Layla[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is more classically pretty, while [name]Layla[/name] [name]Rae[/name] is just really fun to say aloud, I think I’d use first and middle more with [name]Layla[/name] [name]Rae[/name], it’s perfectly sweet and whimsical. Does your husband prefer either of those to [name]Faith[/name]?

His top 3 are [name]Raegan[/name] ([name]Rae[/name]) [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Grace[/name]…in that order. I like [name]Raegan[/name] too but I think it sounds better with [name]Chloe[/name] than [name]Layla[/name]

I have had [name]Layla[/name] [name]Julienne[/name] on my list for a while, I think it’s so pretty. I like [name]Faith[/name] quite a bit, too.

I like:

[name]Layla[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]

I don’t think faith flows well with [name]Layla[/name], but what about:

[name]Layla[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I would use something sturdier in sound than [name]Faith[/name] to give [name]Layla[/name] some substance. Why not [name]Layla[/name] [name]Chloe[/name]? If your husband likes [name]Raegan[/name], what about [name]Layla[/name] [name]Reagan[/name] (ree-gan)? The double “ay” sound in [name]Layla[/name] [name]Raegan[/name] and [name]Layla[/name] [name]Faith[/name] throws me off.