Middle name for Lina

[name_f]Lina[/name_f] is our top contender for baby girl #2’s name! Now we’re just trying to brainstorm middle names, and I’ve been finding it tough! I’d love any suggestions and/or thoughts on the names we’ve considered.

Ones we’ve discussed:

• [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] - we like the winter connection (she’ll be born in late November). We do have a friend with this name, but she’s wonderful so I’m not opposed to using the name because of the connection.
  • [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] - [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is such a sweet name and I love the meaning (she who brings happiness).
  • [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] - After DH’s late grandmother. Our firstborn DD has a family name for her mn, so it would be nice to do the same. But I don’t love the flow and DH doesn’t seem particularly keen either.
  • [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] - I love the name [name_u]Louise[/name_u] and the meaning, but worry it’s a little too alliterative. DH worries that it’s a lot of vowels in one name haha.
  • [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] late father’s name was [name_u]William[/name_u] so it would be a sweet honor name, but I don’t know if I like having two names ending in an “A”.

FYI we’re leaning away from really long middle names, but if the right one caught our eye I think we would be persuaded. We’re sort of avoiding a middle name starting with “E”, as my first name also starts with an “L” so we’re trying to avoid having the exact same initials (my mn is Elizabeth).

I like [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]!

Suggestions:
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Clio[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]!

If you celebrate [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] would be cute for a winter baby. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], or [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]. If you celebrate Hanukkah (which starts in late [name_u]November[/name_u] this year, so she’ll likely be born during or close to Hanukkah), a middle name meaning light could be cool, like [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

I’m also trying to think of another spin on [name_u]Jean[/name_u] to honor great grandma. [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Joan[/name_u], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Janet[/name_f]?

Overall my favorites are still [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]. I’ll go with [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] as my top choice because of the seasonal connection and how it feels more substantial.

1 Like

Ooh adding [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Lina is such a sweet choice!

^^ This is my favorite idea from your list, but I agree that Lina Jean isn’t the best flowing or sounding. Would you consider a variant of Jean? Lina Jane or Lina Jeanette?

1 Like

Another way to honor [name_u]William[/name_u] would be [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. It has the “Will” in there. If you’re ok with any w name, [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] has a really lovely meaning, behold the sun. :sunny: [name_f]Twila[/name_f] also contains “wil” but that might give you the same issue as [name_f]Willa[/name_f].

1 Like

Ooh I like [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] a lot! Thank you!

1 Like

[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is so sweet and lovely!!

1 Like

We do celebrate [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]! I love [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lina[/name_f] Celeste!! [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is beautiful too, but that’s DH’s sister’s name so probably won’t go with that haha.

[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is a beautiful name!! I love the meaning too! I don’t think it’s a crazy stretch to be an honor name for [name_u]William[/name_u].

1 Like

I know I’ve been trying to think of variations too! [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] are both lovely versions!

1 Like

I also just realized that maybe [name_u]Billie[/name_u] could be an honor mn for [name_u]William[/name_u]? [name_f]My[/name_f] father actually went by [name_m]Bill[/name_m] too! Idk what DH would think though haha. I also pitched [name_f]Wilhelmine[/name_f] to him and he nixed it.

1 Like

[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] make me think of [name_f]Lima[/name_f] Bean…

I like [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]?

Also like-
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (same meaning as Bea)
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] (happy, carefree)
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

Haha I totally noticed that too! :joy: I actually mentally refer to her as [name_f]Lina[/name_f] Bean-a sometimes, which is basically my main hesitation going with [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f].

[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] is maybe a little too out there for my DH, but is pretty! I do like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is one I hadn’t thought of!

1 Like

Totally love [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]! I think the sounds really work. [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is short but adorable and opens up the possibility of pet name Limabean :pleading_face:. [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is very pretty. Dont love the flow of [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]?

[name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is my favourite from your list.

I love the suggestions of [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] - these ideas all work beautifully! And [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_u]Billie[/name_u] rather than [name_f]Willa[/name_f] works much better.

1 Like