Middle name for Louisa or Eliza?

We are down to 2 first name choices for our 2nd baby: [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. She’ll probably end up with a nn too: [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], etc. though I love both names as-is.

Brother’s name is [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. Last name is [name_m]German[/name_m] and pretty tough to pronounce in the US: rhymes with Fur Cars.

Thoughts so far are:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] (family name)

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] (family name)

Ideas?

I love the following, you really cannot go wrong with:
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] has my vote. Sounds very pretty!

Nice names. [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] is super handsome too. I slightly prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] with [name_m]Xavier[/name_m].

Best combos:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

Thanks all! I think I’ll have to keep saying them and writing them in the next few months to see what sticks…

I adore both names!

I like the following combos:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]'d be a great combo too. It’s my favourite.

My favorites:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]

You have such lovely choices! My favorites, in order.
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] (I love the use of family names and think [name_f]Irene[/name_f] sounds better with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f])

I, personally, would steer clear from [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I have literally know 7 baby girl’s born in the past year with that middle name and it is becoming very expected (at least in my circle). BUT it is definitely beautiful and nice imagery, so if the popularity doesn’t bother you it shouldn’t be an issue :slight_smile:

[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] has a modern feel to it as does [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I would say [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be a great fit : )

My favourites [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] paired with [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] my favourite is [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] : )

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] gets my vote!

I agree [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is becoming a rather standard middle. I love both your first choices! These are the best to my ear…

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] - original and elegant with a family tie.
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - nice balance, classic but updated.

Good luck!