Middle name for Lucy

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], all.
I’m TTC (tracking now, first try in [name_u]June[/name_u]).
I know if I have a girl, her name will be [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. As a lifelong Narnian and a Librarian, I plan on naming my children after fictional characters that mean a lot to me.
I have always thought [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]’s middle name would be [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]. I love how [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] sounds with my last name (starts with a R and is 9 letters long). However, a very good friend of mine passed away earlier this year (she was 97). Her name was [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], and she was practically a third grandmother to me.

So…how does [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] sound to you all?
Or is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] better? ([name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] has a wonderful meaning and is a discreet nod to one of my favorite Disney films: The Aristocats.)

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]! Such a lovely combo! If you were to use [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], you could do:
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
(I like both of these better than [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f])

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

Thank you! I love the suggestion of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

2 Likes

Seconding [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] -you get to honour your friend and use a name you love

4 Likes

Both are gorgeous! I also love the suggestion of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

3 Likes

I third (or is it fourth) Lucy Adelaide Belle. Not only is Belle a honor toward Anabelle, but also a nod toward a character known for her love of books.

1 Like

Thanks!
(Beauty & the Beast is definitely one of my favorites, and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is my favorite princess.)

1 Like

Mine too.

1 Like

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] best for you! It sounds beautiful, and I think it’s the most direct way to honor the person you would like to remember.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], but since you’ve mentioned you have a longer surname, I would personally avoid a double middle, just because I’d find it a bit cumbersome myself!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is lovely, I think it works just fine! I think I do slightly prefer it to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], but all of your options are beautiful, you can’t really go wrong with any of them!

@leafsgirl44 [name_f]My[/name_f] midnight musings pointed out that the bubble forms for standardized testing wouldn’t allow her full name, if I did [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] R—.
Thankfully I have several more months to choose between [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]!!
@findemaxa13 Thank you! I do love [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]…

Between [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], I prefer [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]. However, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] would be perfect for your daughter.

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adabelle[/name_f] is pretty in my mind.

4 Likes

[name_f]Adabelle[/name_f] is surprisingly pretty! If you really like the [name_f]Ada[/name_f]- part of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], or if [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is sentimental to you, that could be a good choice. I think my favorite would be [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], though.

1 Like

While I prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], I love that you wish to honor a close friend of yours. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is lovely and flows well, my only thought is that both names are fairly cutesy, whereas [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] adds a bit of balance to the name. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is absolutely stunning, and would definitely be my favorite of your options. I love the [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] reference, and the Aristocats and Beauty and the Beast are probably my two top Disney classics, so I suppose I’m a bit biased in that way :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] midnight musings pointed out that the bubble forms for standardized testing wouldn’t allow her full name, if I did [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] R

In terms of it not fitting on standardized testing forms, I think it’s worth mentioning that I personally have never used my full name (which is fairly long, first + middles is 2 characters away from being as long as [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]) on any forms except for government forms, and usually those have different categories with spaces for each kind of name (first, middle or last). However, you ultimately know what is right for your child, and if you feel that it’s simply too long, then that’s up to you.

1 Like