Middle name for Mabel?

Hello all-

I posted here several weeks back about the baby name [name]Mabel[/name]. My sister, who named her son [name]Abel[/name], gave me her blessing to go ahead and name our girl [name]Mabel[/name], despite the similarities in sound. This is so exciting to me, as it is the name that I had chosen so long ago. To have her blessing means so much!

I was due almost a week ago and will be induced on [name]Wednesday[/name] if she doesn’t come tomorrow.

We still don’t have a middle name. I am seeking opinions.

We are between three names right now.

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] (I really like this, but wonder if it sounds too much like my two year old’s name, [name]Milla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].)

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name] (doesn’t sound as phonetically pleasing, but I really really really like the name [name]Violet[/name].)

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmalee[/name] (My grandmother died a couple of weeks ago. She was very dear to me. Her name was [name]Emma[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. I would love to honor her in this way.)

Opinions? I am so relieved to have retrieved my beloved name, [name]Mabel[/name]. I’m just wanting a few opinions on her middle… Thanks!

YAY! That must be a wonderful feeling!

I think [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] is great, although it is similar to [name]Milla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] (but different enough [name]IMO[/name])

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmalee[/name] is very sweet and I love the meaning behind it, but it does “run together” a bit when you say the entire name out loud.

I am not a big fan of [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name], it just doesn’t stand out to me for some reason.

Wow, congratulations! This is such wonderful news to hear, and I’m so happy your sister gave you her blessing on Miss [name]Mabel[/name]'s name. Let’s get the kid a middle name, yea?

I love [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name], but not with [name]Milla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. You’re right - they are close. I actually love the flow of [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name], but for some reason this one really sounds like “maybe violet,” as if someone was telling me what her favorite color was. I don’t know why. So, I guess I’d go with [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmalee[/name] of your choices, but would you consider [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]? I like it most with the -line pronunciation, but I’m sure other Berries would support you using the -leen pronunciation, which only serves to further honor [name]Emma[/name] [name]Lee[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] is really pretty. I like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name], but I agree that something about it is off. [name]Emmalee[/name] looks tryndee-- what about just [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emma[/name] [name]Lee[/name]? Or you could even do [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emma[/name] [name]Violet[/name], if you’re okay with two middles. I also like the suggestion of [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], and there’s also [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emilia[/name].

Anyone else? I’m going to the hospital tomorrow morning. Any other opinions?

I really like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]! :slight_smile:

I don’t think [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] is too close to [name]Milla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. It’s my favorite of your options.

I don’t care for the flow of [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name], although I love each name individually. [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Violetta[/name] is a nice alternative. I also like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Valentine[/name].

I don’t care for [name]Emmalee[/name], but I love the suggestions of [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmaline[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emily[/name]. Or, [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emma[/name] [name]Lee[/name] would be lovely too. In this instance, I don’t think it would be a problem for one sibling to have a double middle name while others don’t (since it is for honoring purposes).

Congrats and good luck on your induction!

I like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmalee[/name] the best off your list. I also like the suggestions of [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] (prn emma-LYNE).
Others:
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]

Oh, that’s so exciting! I remember reading your story before, and I’m glad you’re going to be able to use [name]Mabel[/name] without any bad feelings in the family.

As much as I adore [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] (and don’t think the similarity between [name]Milla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] would be an issue, as middle names are so rarely used), my vote goes to [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Emmalee[/name], too. I think it would be so nice to have a family connection, and ultimately think it’s the name you’ll get the most satisfaction from choosing, because of that connection.

I also like [name]Emmeline[/name], if you’re looking for an alternative, or [name]Emily[/name] (just [name]Emma[/name] is a nice name, but I think you need a longer middle name with the two syllable [name]Mabel[/name]). I normaly don’t care for names which aren’t spelt in the traditional way, but as [name]Emmalee[/name] honours someone close to you, and would only be in the middle, so wouldn’t cause any spelling issues, I still like it.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

Congrats; I am absolutely thrilled you are getting to use [name]Mabel[/name]!!! Yay!!! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Emmalee[/name] the best as it sounds good with [name]Mabel[/name] and it also honors your grandmother. :slight_smile: Good luck!!!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you to everyone for your help and opinions on this issue. I will mention all of your thoughts to my husband. I just needed a little extra help. :slight_smile:

[name]Auburn[/name] (and others)… Yes, I am not as much for “made up” sounding names/trendy sounding/etc. [name]Emmalee[/name] is definitely not one that I would ever go for either, were it not for my sweet grandmother, [name]Emma[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. She was a wonderful woman. Still thinking about that one…

I also like some of the other suggestions of other [name]Emma[/name] name variations.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts on [name]Violet[/name]. It is a lovely name, but not quite right with [name]Mabel[/name].

[name]Evangeline[/name] is still in the runnings, but I was glad to see so many of your thoughts on it as well.

We should have this little blessing in just a few hours. We’ll look at her sweet face and make our decision.

Again, thank you for all of your help!