Middle Name for Mabel

We are 5 weeks from our scheduled c section! Still don’t know if its a boy or girl, but have names for both. [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] or [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] _____. I am between two middle names for [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. Both are special to me. [name_f]Gladys[/name_f] is my grandma’s name, who I am very close to and my mom is as well. I am also really really close to my mom. Her name is [name_f]Sharon[/name_f]. Which my husband doesn’t love for a name. Her middle name and my middle name is [name_u]Marie[/name_u], which I don’t love because its SOOO COMMON. So I came up with [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]. From the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] of [name_f]Sharon[/name_f]. Which one sounds better?

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Gladys[/name_f] or [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]

2 Likes

Congratulations!

I think flow wise I prefer [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f].

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is delightful!

Congratulations :two_hearts:

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is such a lovely name really beautiful with an elegant sound that has a fun vintage flair. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is stunning.

Good luck

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] looks and sounds beautiful! I think you have a winner here!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is absolutely beautiful.

i think both the names flow well, but with mabel gladys, both names peaked in the early 1900s (mabel in 1902 at 24 and gladys at 1901 at 11), which makes the combo sound very evocative of that era. the names also feel very heavy, while mabel rosemarie feels lighter and less evocative of one time period.

my vote goes to mabel rosemarie!

1 Like

They are both lovely combos, but my favourite is [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]

First off, love [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]! One of my most favorite!

I really love and can relate to your desire for a family name in the middle spot. And in a situation like this, it can feel like you are picking between your grandmother or your mother rather than the name.

Simply based on flow and sound, my vote is for [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]! Congratulations!

I love [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and I think both middles work. I do have a suggestion… [name_f]Gladys[/name_f] means “land” so what about [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] as a middle? It honours both names in a way.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations :partying_face: The finish line is soooo close!!

I was going to suggest what @Natawa said , and split the difference ! That way you honour both in its own way , while being unique and spunky !

Also I’m swooning over [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is so sweet!

Congratulations!!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is honestly a really beautiful choice, and combined with [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f], I think it brings both names a little more to life :rose: :sparkles:

mabel rosemarie for sure!

Thank you everyone for the replies! This really convinced me to go with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]. It was my original choice, but then as I am sure you all know it’s easy to get in your head when you say it over and over. :laughing:

this is a really good point!

1 Like

Luckily, I am very blessed with a mother and grandmother who never expect to have the baby named after them. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom actually suggested [name_f]Gladys[/name_f] after her mom and I can already hear my grandma saying “why would you choose my name? There are so many better people to name her after!” :laughing:

1 Like

[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]!

I love it! Then you can’t go wrong with [name_f]Gladys[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] as a middle for sweet baby Mabel!!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f], though I’d go with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Alethea[/name_f] (al-ih-THEE-ah)