Middle name for Oona

oona thurmer? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
but, seriously, why not spell it uma?

Mummy, isn’t [name]Rose[/name] the flower of [name]June[/name]? I think [name]Oona[/name] [name]Rosaleen[/name] was something you once considered (Twinkle reminded me)? In addition to [name]Pearl[/name], I think it’s a great way to symbolize [name]June[/name]. I love [name]Oona[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Oona[/name] Rosamel, too. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

No, [name]Oona[/name] (oo-Na) is not a variation of [name]Uma[/name] (oo-Ma). It is a variation of [name]Una[/name] (with an ‘n’), but it is also a name in its own right.

What do you guys think of these -etta endings?

[name]Oona[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]

[name]Oona[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name]/[name]Elizabetta[/name]

Oh, and my DH had to ask his mom what [name]Nana[/name]'s maiden name was (sigh, men.) it was [name]Barnaby[/name], so that’s out. But it turns out, [name]Nana[/name]'s real name wasn’t [name]Loretta[/name] [name]Marie[/name]! It was [name]Marie[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Lorette[/name]. Apparently she didn’t like it enough to not only call herself something else, but not even tell her own daughter what her real name was! ([name]MIL[/name] didn’t find out until filling out paperwork after [name]Nana[/name]'s death a couple of years ago.) Bizarre, huh? [name]Oona[/name] [name]Lorette[/name] is slightly better than [name]Loretta[/name], but still not into it.

Oh, and my nana’s name was [name]Elizabeth[/name], so [name]Elizabetta[/name]/[name]Elisabetta[/name] kills two birds with one stone. Also, we would have the option of the nickname [name]Betty[/name].

Alternately we could have the NN [name]Violet[/name] with [name]Violetta[/name].

I love both [name]Oona[/name] [name]Violetta[/name] and [name]Oona[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name] (unhelpful, I know)!

I don’t think you could go at all wrong with either, so it’s up to how much you want to honour [name]Elizabeth[/name] this time, I think. Or alternatively you could wait until you see her.

I think [name]Betty[/name] is adorable, too!

More opinions on Oons [name]Violetta[/name] and [name]Oona[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name] please?

I’m still in love with [name]Oona[/name] [name]Sparrow[/name]!

I’m going to vote for [name]Oona[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]. :slight_smile: I love [name]Oona[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name], too, but because [name]Oona[/name] ends in a vowel and [name]Elisabetta[/name] begins in one, I prefer the flow of [name]Oona[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]. That said, pausing between the names may not be an issue for you, and I love how, like you said, [name]Elisabetta[/name] kills two birds with one stone.

Wait. Now that I think about it, [name]Oona[/name] [name]Violetta[/name] sounds like “una violeta,” (“one violet” in Spanish), so I’ll go with the lovely [name]Oona[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name].

Final vote: [name]Oona[/name] [name]Elisabetta[/name]. :slight_smile:

Have a good night!