Middle Name for Paul

We are leaning towards [name_m]Paul[/name_m] for our second son, however, we’re struggling with a middle name. We really like [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] in honor of my husband’s grandfather, however, I REALLY don’t want a PJ! (How do I make sure people don’t call him PJ?! Also, I don’t know why this bothers me so much!) Our other option is [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] (after St. [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] - we like his story and are Catholic), however, that leaves the name with no family connection. (FWIW, his older brother’s first name is the same as my grandfather.) Another family name to consider is [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] ([name_m]Louis[/name_m] is my FILs beloved grandfather, but my husband never knew him). What do you think?

I don’t think people will automatically call him PJ. Most people won’t even know his middle name. On the off chance someone does call him PJ, you can just kindly ask them not to.

True! I’m probably overthinking it!

Most people won’t know his middle name so PJ isn’t intuitive or automatic. I’d go with [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] best, and I don’t think PJ will be an issue because most people won’t even know his middle name. Make it clear early on to your close friends/family who would know his middle name that he is a [name_m]Paul[/name_m], not PJ, and it shouldn’t be problematic.

I like [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] (also have a soft spot for PJ) but most people will not know his middle name therefore won’t call him PJ. I think PJ is a nickname that is probably enforced by the parents as no one would actually know about the child having a J middle name unless parents go we call him PJ. [name_m]Paul[/name_m] is a very short simple choice I think most will just call him [name_m]Paul[/name_m]

I think [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] sounds like an excellent name for you, and I don’t think that PJ is a likely nickname; how many will know his middle name, anyway? However, if PJ really bothers you, [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] sounds great.

Paul [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] shouldn’t be an issue at all. If you love it, use it!

If not, what about [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]? It has a really nice feel to it.