MIDDLE NAME FOR PETER

I need good suggestions for a stong middle name to go with [name]Peter[/name]. I didnt know I had to name my first son after my husband’s father. YUCK. still very upset with the entire thing. So I would like a good middle name, that if the child so desires, he can use the middle name rather than [name]Peter[/name]. Unfortunately last name is a long 3 syllable italian name.
I have always liked:
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
but they don’t really work with [name]Peter[/name].

Thanks,

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Peter[/name]! I think it’s an absolutely awesome name that your son will be lucky to have. Of course, if you are really upset by it, why do you feel you “have to” use it? I understand that there may be a lot of family pressure, but ultimately this child belongs to you and your husband and both of you (but only both of you) need to love the name.

If you do decide to use [name]Peter[/name], though, I would go with [name]Peter[/name] [name]James[/name]?

I think [name]Peter[/name] [name]Jack[/name] sounds really cute! If you hate the name, don’t get bullied into naming your son [name]Peter[/name]. He’s your child too and traditions don’t have to continue. Maybe try to appeal to your husband that your son deserves his own name, something the 2 of you come up with on your own. Good luck!

I love [name]Peter[/name], but if yout dont then you shouldnt use it. If the names honestly makes you go “yuck” then you shouldnt give it to your child. Why cant you use [name]Peter[/name] as a mn? I means this is both you and your husbands child and you should both like the name that you pick. It is unfair for him to just assume that [name]Peter[/name] will be the name, especially if you dont like it.

There is also [name]Pierce[/name], which is a form of [name]Peter[/name].

If you do go with [name]Peter[/name], how about [name]Peter[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] “[name]Max[/name]”? [name]Just[/name] start calling the baby [name]Max[/name] and soon everyone will :stuck_out_tongue:

If your last name is Italian, will you be naming your baby [name]Peter[/name] or [name]Pietro[/name]/[name]Piero[/name]? Personally, I like the Italian names better than the English but that’s just me. Although I’m all for tradition, I think the parents should be choosing their baby’s name because they love it not because they have to! Naming a child is the first important step for any parent and it should be fun not a chore! If you’re going with [name]Peter[/name] maybe a less common middle name is the answer.

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Aloysius[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Jove[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Nelson[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Raleigh[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Francis[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Laurence[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Christian[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Vaughan[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Casimir[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]

Obviously it’s a matter of personal taste. But, in defense of [name]Peter[/name]…It is a great classic name that is underused and much more uncommon than other traditional names like [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]William[/name], or [name]Henry[/name], but more substantial than [name]Aiden[/name], [name]Cole[/name], and [name]Braydon[/name]. It has wonderful namesakes for a little boy like [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name], [name]Peter[/name] Rabbit and [name]Peter[/name] [name]Parker[/name]. A [name]Peter[/name] will never sound dated, but rather solid and timeless. A [name]Peter[/name] is dependable, likable, and unpretentious. And your husband and father-in-law will feel honored each time they say his name.

[name]Peter[/name] [name]John[/name] (could go by [name]Jack[/name] if he chose)
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]

Here’s another cheer for [name]Peter[/name]! It has always been one of my favorites! It’s a fresh-sounding, underused classic, very solid, and handsome. If you still do not like it, I agree that you should not be forced into using it. Your father-in-law should be honored with it as a MIDDLE name.

I like [name]Peter[/name] too, but it’s absolutely ridiculous for you to use a name you hate, even if it is after the grandfather. You’re carrying this child for nine months and raising him for the rest of his life- it’s just as much your right to name him as your husband’s, or anyone else’s. It would be nice to respect the tradition, but it could be a middle name, or you may like a [name]Peter[/name] variant, like [name]Pierre[/name] or [name]Piero[/name], better.

I agree with the above posts. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. Personally I love [name]Peter[/name] though and think it is about due a comeback. My partner has a family name as his first name but has always gone by his middle name. This apparently is a Scottish thing. Maybe you could adopt it?

I agree with everyone else – I like [name]Peter[/name] – it was on my shortlist if we’d had a boy – but I would be so sad for you if you had to name your son something you didn’t like.

If you like [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Max[/name], perhaps [name]Jackson[/name] or [name]Maxwell[/name]? Sorry, that’s not too original, but I just wanted to put my two cents in about having to name your son something you don’t like.

Oh, and can you not use [name]Peter[/name] as a middle name? That’s what everyone does when they need to honor someone with a name they don’t love, right? [name]Jack[/name] [name]Peter[/name] (long-3-syllable-last-name) is a pretty good name …

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Charles[/name] was the first name that came to mind…also I like the idea of using [name]Peter[/name] as a mn.

peter benjamin

I like [name]Peter[/name] my Granda and cousin are named [name]Peter[/name]

cousin’s mn [name]Peter[/name] [name]George[/name]

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Richard[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]