Middle Name for Petra?

I’ve recently fallen in love with the name [name]Petra[/name]. But I can’t think of any good middle names for it. I’m not expecting, just a name monger. We plan to have our next child in the next 3-4 years. Hopefully a girl. My husband is set on Tesla, but until I’m pregnant I can never settle on a name, haha. So anyways, ramble done.

Some middle names I like:

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] Izelle
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Dominique[/name]

Any ideas?

I just wanted to chime in:

My daughter’s name is [name]Petra[/name], and Tesla was on our short list!!! This is just too much of a coincidence for me (and my name is [name]Nicole[/name])!

We went with a hyphenated middle name since my husband didn’t want 2 middles (somehow the dash fixed it all?): [name]Estelle[/name]-[name]Marie[/name]. It’s a combination of my middle name and our grandmothers’ middles. Plus I like telling folks that [name]Petra[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] is our little rock star. I also like a more lyrical middle with the shorter, strong [name]Petra[/name].

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Monique[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Colette[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Ondine[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] is great!

Of the suggestions so far, I like [name]Petra[/name] [name]Dominique[/name] and [name]Petra[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] best. My least favorite is [name]Petra[/name] [name]Constance[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are solid sort of names and together I think it’s too much. The middle needs to be softer sounding.

Some suggestions: [name]Petra[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name], [name]Petra[/name] [name]Danielle[/name], [name]Petra[/name] [name]Leonore[/name], [name]Petra[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Petra[/name] [name]Roxanne[/name], [name]Petra[/name] [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Petra[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] :slight_smile:

So far I like:

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Dominique[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Monique[/name] (DH always shoots [name]Monique[/name] down, but it’s one of my favorites)
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Roxanne[/name].

I like [name]Annabelle[/name], but [name]Anabel[/name] is a middle name for another name that is definitely on our list and DH doesn’t like repeats. rolls eyes

Any more along those lines?

petra jordana

I like [name]Petra[/name] much better than Tesla; Tesla just reminds me of [name]Nikola[/name] Tesla, a physicist. I believe some of his inventions are named after him (Google it).

Anyway, how about:
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Camille[/name]

Walshe44, that’s actually the reason why my DH loves Tesla! lol. He’s a computer geek and loves inventors. DS would have been [name]Nikolai[/name] If I would have let him!

I like [name]Petra[/name], too. DH says it sounds manly.

Jordana is actually an awesome name, but I can’t stand pairings that end in the same sound/letter.

Hahaha! Too funny. I’m glad the reference is intentional–that makes me like Tesla somewhat more. Still a bit science-y though!

Seems like you like 3-4 syllable middles with a French flair. Here are some like that:

[name]Petra[/name] Viridianne
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] Baladine
[name]Petra[/name] Emmercelle
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Marceline[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]How[/name] about a middle name that refers to a significant female scientist?

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Lise[/name] (after [name]Lise[/name] Meitner – identified nuclear fisson)
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] (after [name]Rosalyn[/name] Sussman Yalow – nobel laureate)
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (after [name]Marie[/name] Curie – nobel prize winner)
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Lamarr[/name] (after [name]Hedy[/name] [name]Lamarr[/name], inventor)

I [name]LOVE[/name] the suggestions of [name]Petra[/name] [name]Simone[/name] and [name]Petra[/name] [name]Camille[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are fantastic!

otherwise how about

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Celine[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] Thais (TIE-eeees)
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Raquel[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]

And alternatives to [name]Petra[/name] could include:
[name]Pernilla[/name]
[name]Phillipa[/name]
[name]Petrona[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
Pia

Oh, I like [name]Petra[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]. BUT when I first read it I thought it said [name]Petra[/name] [name]Roslyn[/name], which I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name]. I’d probably spell it [name]Petra[/name] [name]Rozlyn[/name] tough. What do you guys think?

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

I’m the first person to advise throwing “flow” out the window if you really love both names, however! I don’t lke the flow of [name]Petra[/name] [name]Rozlyn[/name] at all. [name]Both[/name] names are 2 syllables with the stress on the first syllable. I think a middle name that is either softer throughout, or else has the stress on the second syllable sounds better. Like

[name]Petra[/name] [name]Yasmeen[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Claudette[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Helene[/name] (hell-EEEN)