Middle Name for Robert??

So, DH & I find out the sex of our little one next Thursday. SOOOO excited. I have a feeling it is a boy, which is starting to stress me out about his name. My DH has a family tradition of having the first name be [name]Robert[/name]. I am really not a fan of [name]Robert[/name], but there is no budging on the subject with DH. First name of baby boy = [name]Robert[/name].
Which leaves me to try to come up with a great middle name, which is what we will call him (DH goes by one of his TWO middle names).
I would love to pay tribute to my Grandfather of four girls by making his middle name [name]William[/name] or [name]Davis[/name], but I don’t really like the way [name]Robert[/name] [name]William[/name] sounds together, and I don’t think I would like to call him [name]Davis[/name]…maybe if we have another boy in the future.

I would [name]LOVE[/name] any suggestions any of you have. I really love classic, strong names. I’m not into trendy names at all. Like the timeless names.

I love [name]Robert[/name]! Strong & classic to me! And either [name]Bert[/name] or [name]Bob[/name] are hipster cool to me!

[name]Robert[/name] [name]Liam[/name] might solve your [name]William[/name] problem or [name]Robert[/name] [name]Will[/name] or [name]Robert[/name] [name]Wallace[/name] if you’re willing to stretch it. [name]Wallace[/name] might be more your style? It kind of blends [name]William[/name] & [name]Davis[/name] to me! Also [name]Leon[/name], [name]Lion[/name], [name]Levon[/name] & [name]Lev[/name] are a stretch but kind of bring-liam & [name]Davis[/name] together imo.

[name]Robert[/name] [name]Leon[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Liev[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Lev[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Waverley[/name]

[name]Robert[/name] [name]Willis[/name]

Aww, [name]Rupert[/name] would be ideal. I love the nn Roo for a little guy. I’m guessing daddy won’t go for it though!

[name]Robert[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Martin[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Grant[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Alan[/name]

[name]Robert[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is always paired in my mind.

Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies!! [name]Baby[/name] is officially a boy! Now the real fun begins! :slight_smile: