Middle name for Scarlett?

So we’ve pretty much decided in the name [name]Scarlett[/name] if our baby is a girl. If I feel like a nickname is necessary, she’ll probably go by [name]Scout[/name] (I’m pretty much the only one who uses a nickname for our other daughter anyway). Now it’s time to find a middle name. Before we had settled on [name]Scarlett[/name], I really wanted the middle name to be [name]Cecilia[/name] after my grandmother’s middle name, but with [name]Scarlett[/name] it’s just too many ssssss sounds. Also, flower, gem and word names are out because I don’t want my child’s name to sound like a sentence :slight_smile: Last name is 3 syllables, starts with an F, and rhymes with “clarity”. Our 8 year old daughter’s name is [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Taryn[/name]. Any help is greatly appreciated!

With a longer first name,I think a short middle name works best…I like…
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Grace[/name]…It was the first name that popped in my head!

I know a woman named [name]Cecilia[/name] who goes by [name]Celia[/name]. There’s a little less of the s sound in there, so maybe that’s an option for a middle name?

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Celia[/name]

I love the nickname [name]Scout[/name] for [name]Scarlett[/name], by the way. Very cute :slight_smile:

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Elise[/name] popped into my head first! But, maybe you want something a bit less feminine to compliment [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Taryn[/name]? I think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Adair[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Corinne[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Hollis[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Peyton[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rowan[/name], or [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] would all be pretty - I’m really liking [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Adair[/name], though!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Wow, I love the nn [name]Scout[/name] for [name]Scarlett[/name]! I might steal that and start calling my dd that! haha. We call her [name]Carly[/name] now by the way. My [name]Scarlett[/name]'s middle name is [name]Rose[/name] and I totally know what you are saying about the name sounding like a sentence! When I announced her full name my [name]MIL[/name] replied, “Is she a child or is she something you find a garden” :slight_smile:

You could use the [name]Lia[/name]/[name]Leah[/name]/[name]Lea[/name]/[name]Leigh[/name]/[name]Lee[/name] from [name]Cecilia[/name].
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] sounds kinda cute.

Or maybe [name]Celia[/name] as a previous poster suggested. Or [name]Cecily[/name].

One name I liked whith [name]Scarlett[/name] while I was pregnant (I’m feeling uncreative tonight so that’s all I can suggest) was [name]Alexis[/name]/[name]Alexa[/name]/[name]Alexia[/name]

[name]Scarlett[/name] is my current favorite girl name, so I was excited to see and read replies to your post!

I like [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Adele[/name] (which is close to [name]Adair[/name], which I also love with it).

I think [name]Scarlett[/name] sounds best with middle names that have two syllables with the emphasis on the second, but I have a hard time coming up with those names!

I also like single syllable middles: [name]Jane[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Grace[/name]