Middle name for Sebastian? (Jude, Charles or Michael?)

Hello :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are expecting in a few months. We don’t know the gender yet but have (99%) decided on [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for a boy (Seb for short). Our surname starts with S so it will be alliterated (not intentional but we think they sound good together).

Because [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a longer name, we feel we need a simple, shorter middle name (our surname is very unique with two syllables!).

Our current contenders are [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Charles[/name_u] and [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

We love the way [name_u]Jude[/name_u] sounds in the middle spot with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], and we like the meaning too.
But we are also considering [name_u]Charles[/name_u] and [name_u]Michael[/name_u] to honour a special grandparent.

Would love people’s thoughts and ideas on all of the above!

TIA.

2 Likes

huge congratulations!

jude is one of my fav names so im biased hahah
sebastian jude is gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

charles & michael work well too, just not my personal taste, jude makes the combo a bit more unique imo. maybe sebastian michael is a bit long tho

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We think so too!! [name_u]Jude[/name_u] it so sweet and strong somehow at the same time!
I love the way [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] flows but am not sure whether to go with what sounds best or to pick something with family significance.

It’s our first child so it feels like we are setting a precedent haha. But I agree, [name_u]Michael[/name_u] may be a little long… It does sound fine with our surname though!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]!

2 Likes

Thank you! Makes me think the one syllable options work best :slight_smile:

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] would be my second choice

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] S. is such a cool cool cool name. I just love it. That is incredibly handsome, and oh so charming.

I adore [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] from your list. I’m really big on honor names myself, and as you’ve got such a lovely pair to choose from for the honor, it’d be a shame to see them go unused (to me myself)! Plus, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] just has such a warm ring to it!

1 Like

Thank you! I have loved this combination for years :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you!! This is really helpful advice. [name_u]Charles[/name_u] is for my Dad so we think it would be a special mix for him to have our surname from my SO’s side and a family name from my side as the middle spot. I have always thought [name_u]Charles[/name_u] is so classic and lovely, and different than [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] which is more common now (which I also love!).

So hard to actually make a decision! Although it may not even be a boy so we’ll see haha :wink:

1 Like

Oh golly… that is so delightful. Warms my heart to think of! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve just realized that my sister and I have names like that, and I’m totally excited! X

1 Like

Isn’t it such a sweet way to include both sides!? I love it too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
[name_f]Glad[/name_f] it’s excited you!! So funny how we don’t often think of these things when it’s our own names!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u], [name_u]Charles[/name_u] just messez up the vibe and image of what you’ve got going on imo. It’s too stiff-upper lip and British to me

1 Like

Congratulations!

Firstly [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] ‘Seb’ is a wonderful name very handsome so you’ve definitely nailed the first name :clap:t3::clap:t3:

Onto the middle names I absolutely love the honour names an honour name will always make you smile when you think of your son’s name. [name_f]Honour[/name_f] names carry on traditions and are also so meaningful for your family. Therefore for me I’m team [name_u]Charles[/name_u] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u] (despite loving Jude) and both of them are really gorgeous.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] is really handsome well rounded classic choice that feels distinguished. [name_f]My[/name_f] concern is would the ‘s’ of [name_u]Charles[/name_u] run into your surname that also begins with an S. Still I’m being picky [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] is lush.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is also lovely with a soft gentle sound that feels well rounded and classic. I think [name_u]Michael[/name_u] may have a better flow with your surname which makes me more inclined to go with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped

2 Likes

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I find [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] the easiest to say, since the other combos have those ch- or j- sounds close together, but the backstory of [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] is so wonderful, and they’re both such well-known names that I don’t think it would make the combo hard to understand.

1 Like

Congratulations!

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a brilliant name. It’s probably the boy’s name I’ve loved for the longest & [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is my son’s name so my vote goes to (unsurprisingly)… [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

It’s just such a handsome combination :heart_eyes:

1 Like

All around fantastic names ! But I am totally swooning over [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] !!

1 Like