Middle name for Susannah - second attempt

DH and I still in search of a middle name for first name [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] to honor my grandmother, [name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] ([name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]) who was [name_m]French[/name_m] / [name_m]French[/name_m] Canadian and was born and passed in the month of [name_f]October[/name_f]. We have a one-syllable last name.

Berries already gave great suggestions, but DH is opposed to many of them either because of the length or due to his beliefs; he doesn’t want to name children after people who are living (my name is [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]).

Suggestions from NB I like but he thought were too long:
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Marielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Maribel[/name_f]

My suggestions he’s just not a fan of:
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] (he said this could grown on him)
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]

His favorite but I don’t like with [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (makes it too Southern to me): [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

Any suggestions that doesn’t make the name too long or too “down south” or old fashioned (e.g. [name_u]Marian[/name_u])? Any aforementioned names that I should keep pushing? FYI. If I weren’t honoring [name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f], I’d name her [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. Thanks!

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]? [name_u]Rain[/name_u] is short and sounds similar to [name_f]Mae[/name_f] without the southern feel… And it often starts raining in [name_f]October[/name_f], so there’s your honoring connection. It’s tricky to honor if your husband doesn’t want to name after someone living and you have the same names as the one you’re trying to honor… I see your dilemma!

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is sweet also, maybe try to bring him around on that one…

I don’t know how you’d feel about it but my best friends name is [name_f]Susana[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] so I feel like [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] would work well, it sounds [name_m]French[/name_m]

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Maria[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Hmm… I’ll keep thinking! We are strongly leaning towards [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] as well. [name_m]How[/name_m] did you choose the spelling? We need to honor a [name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], but I’d also like to honor a [name_f]Mary[/name_f]… so I’ve been thinking of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Louise[/name_f] middles.

Have you considered [name_f]Marin[/name_f]? It’s one of my favorite [name_f]Mary[/name_f] variations and and I think [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marin[/name_f] is beautiful!

Good luck!

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is a really lovely choice!

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Manon[/name_f] ([name_f]Manon[/name_f] is a [name_m]French[/name_m] diminutive of [name_f]Marie[/name_f])
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] ([name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] means “God is [name_f]Gracious[/name_f]”)
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Charis[/name_f] (means grace)
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Tavia[/name_f] (a form of [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], meaning “eight/[name_f]October[/name_f]”)
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Arie[/name_u]

Hmm, I tried to reply earlier but I don’t think it went through.

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Maria[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
Susannag [name_f]Maura[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Janae[/name_f] (ja-nay)
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Janice[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marielle[/name_f]

Susannah Maris
Susannah Mara
Susannah Mira
Susannah March
Susannah Maire or Mar (sort of combines Marie and Claire)
Susannah Margot
Susannah Martha
Susannah Maura
Susannah Molly
Susanna Mary Jane

Would Susannah Marie Claire, Marieclaire, Marie-Claire, or Marie-Jeanne be in keeping with your husbands beliefs?

You may want to see if any of these catch your eye

Marin is a great suggestion

Susannah Jeanne could be an option worth considering, although I admit its more of a tenuous link

I think I would stick to a more straight forward way to honor her while still respecting DH’s beliefs: [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. It’s lovely, not too long, and is clearly related to [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]:
[name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_f]Malou[/name_f] / [name_f]Malu[/name_f], [name_f]Marit[/name_f], [name_f]Mamie[/name_f], [name_f]Mammie[/name_f], [name_u]Marlow[/name_u], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Marisol[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Mariel[/name_f], [name_f]Marcelle[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_f]Manon[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Mab[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Maeva[/name_f], [name_f]Maevi[/name_f] / [name_f]Maevy[/name_f], [name_f]Mally[/name_f] / [name_f]Mallie[/name_f] / [name_f]Malley[/name_f], [name_u]Jean[/name_u], [name_f]Siobhan[/name_f].

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name, have you considered two middle names starting with M and J?

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Or something along those lines… So many pretty names have been suggested…

Oh, my favorite is [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! [name_m]How[/name_m] perfectly beautiful! If you don’t want that, then suggestions are:

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Thank you or the suggestions. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Manon[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Maire[/name_f] (is this said My-ra?), [name_f]Marin[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. I was worried about too many ‘n’ s in the name since our surname ends in ‘n’ but those names work well with [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is perfect but may be too Catholic for my husband’s taste.
Thanks, again!

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Maire[/name_f]… I would say maire like a nightmare

TBH, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would work. He likes [name_f]Mae[/name_f], which is similar, and you suggested [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

What about [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]? That clicks quite well.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]?

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marin[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Jaime[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Malou[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]

Why not condense your Grandmother’s name to [name_f]Marje[/name_f]?

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marje[/name_f]