Middle name for Theresa...similar to Lily maybe

So I’m still playing around with my [name]Theresa[/name] combo. Despite some positive feedback I’m still skiddish of the alliteration of [name]Theresa[/name] with my last name - Tys0n. (We’d use [name]Tess[/name] as a nickname.) I’m thinking the right middle name could make the whole thing work. I’m actually thinking a popular name would work well in the middle spot since [name]Theresa[/name] might be seen as a tad bit dated by some. I like the sound and feel of [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lily[/name] but I have a niece [name]Lillian[/name] so it feels a tad uncreative. My combo had been [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] but now I find [name]Theresa[/name] getting pushed off the list and I’m wondering if it’s because the combo doesn’t really work.

Sisters are [name]Clare[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] and [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I’d prefer a middle name with no additional “s” sounds!

I quite agree with your idea of balancing out [name]Theresa[/name] with a more popular name… the one that sprang to my mind was [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Chloe[/name]. Another idea is [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Faith[/name]. It’s a similar sound to [name]Ruth[/name] but may sound a bit more “updated” to most ears. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Some ideas:

[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Danielle[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Jennifer[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Julia[/name]/[name]Julie[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]

[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Posy[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Molly[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Amy[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Amity[/name]

My sister is very fond of [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], but that might be a bit vintage-esque for you?

[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] is awesome. I also like [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Molly[/name].
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is lovely but T.I.T. are some seriously bad initials =)

Eee! Yes! That’s even worse than my discarded idea of [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Tansy[/name]. TTT? Hrm.

Haha, I almost suggested [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] too, and then I thought about the initials and went “Oh God no”…

Naturally I will have to suggest my own name…[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Ellie[/name]. I absolutely love it! I use my fn and mn together for email, Facebook, and any usernames really. Also, it sounds very similar to [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lily[/name]. It’s nice having the name [name]Theresa[/name], as I never knew anyone else in school with my name. Excellent choice!

What about:

[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Olive[/name] (too vintage?)
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (this was actually my great-great aunt’s name–for some reason I thought I would always use [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Grace[/name], nn [name]Tessa[/name]. I still really like it, but I don’t think it really fits my style anymore…)
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Maya[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] (actually really like this! [name]Zoe[/name] modernizes [name]Theresa[/name] quite nicely)
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

Good luck!

DH seemed open to [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] which was surprising b/c his first response is usually less than positive. He also seemed surprised that I wasn’t going to use [name]Lily[/name] b/c of our niece, but I think I like [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] a bit better than [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lily[/name] anyway.

I like the sound of [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Chloe[/name]. [name]Chloe[/name] is more interesting in the middle, in my opinion.

Other ideas:

[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Delia[/name]

[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Emeline[/name]