Middle name for Wallace

We’re finalizing our short list for baby #3, a boy, due in early [name_u]March[/name_u].

Our other kids are:
[name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] “[name_u]Jay[/name_u]”
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] “[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]”

We like older/longer names with nickname potential and strong family connections.

Names on our short list currently:

[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Carroll[/name_u]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] ???

We’re stumped on a middle name. Anyone have any ideas? Our last name is short and rhymes with [name_f]Hope[/name_f].

Thanks!

[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Carson[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Barton[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]

Is there a name of someone you’d like to honor to use as [name_u]Wallace[/name_u]'s middle name?

I love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!

[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]

Thanks to everyone who have suggested names! [name_m]Will[/name_m] be running through your suggestions with my husband tonight.

[name_f]Susette[/name_f]- that’s part of the problem! [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] is an honor name that we really love, and the other names we’d picked out as honor names…just don’t seem to work with it.

[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m],[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m],[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m],[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m],[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Conner[/name_u]

I know someone who has the middle name [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] & the surname [name_m]Russell[/name_m]. They could work as a first & middle name for you.

Other suggestions could be:

[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

I feel that it is better suited as a middle name personally.

My favourite is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] too, you could even shorten it to [name_m]Harris[/name_m] if you wanted it to be a bit different.

I’m sure the perfect name will come along!

Since you say you like strong family connections I’m guessing other names listed are family names. I like [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] is kind of tricky to pair a middle name with, part of the reason we ended up with it in the middle name slot instead of first name for our little man.
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Glenn[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]

Good luck

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your list!

My first thought was [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m].

I think [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_u]Carroll[/name_u] works well actually. [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] would be another suggestion–[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] means “son of [name_m]Harry[/name_m]” or “son of [name_m]Henry[/name_m]” so there’s a link there!

I think some of your names do work with [name_u]Wallace[/name_u].
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

I think I like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] the most. Sounds very classic to me and I think it fits with your other children’s names. Personally because you have a few shortlist contenders that already have family connections that you really love I don’t really see the point of looking for a mn for [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] when you already have some great names. But I did find some middle names for you.

[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] happens to be my middle name so i’m a bit biased :wink:
[name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Cain[/name_m]