Middle name help...

elea~
Great idea to come up with several choices for the second mn spot and see which fits best! It may be a good long time till we finally get our little girl (boys are predominant on both sides of the family) so I’m sure I’ll accumulate quite the list! :slight_smile:

rollo–
Your post made me smile! :slight_smile:
We’re set on [name]Calla[/name] because it’s a family name and a flower name (like my name) and has great significance to us. [name]Caroline[/name]-- although it is actually a family name too-- doesn’t really fit our naming style at all. I’m also not a big fan of calling children by nicknames: I’d much rather use their full official first name.

The reason I went with [name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] rather than [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Joy[/name] was 1: because of the CJL initials, 2: I was concerned about all the L’s close to [name]Calla[/name]. My tongue stumbles when I say [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] out loud, and 3: I love the flow of [name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name]. :slight_smile: The whole [name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] combo works a lot better with our last name too.
Thank you for the suggestions though!

Oooooh, I hope you don’t mind if I think of some multiple middle names to go with [name]Calla[/name] at this late date:

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Angelou[/name] [name]Vrai[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Benicia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] or [name]Fe[/name] (pronounced [name]Fay[/name], Spanish version of [name]Faith[/name]) - Nameberry doesn’t like [name]Benicia[/name]. I think it’s fun!
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] - love this!
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] - sweet
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Georgette[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - sweet but quirky
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Henriette[/name] [name]Posy[/name] - would be a great posh British name, I think
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Melisende[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] - so French and lovely
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Io[/name] - love
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Tamerlaine[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - hope [name]Tamerlaine[/name] has a positive meaning, I can’t figure out what it is.
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - lovely and calm
[name]Calla[/name] Windermere [name]Plum[/name] - love
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] [name]Trudy[/name] - cute
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name] [name]Fern[/name] - Nature baby

[quote="“dove14”
rollo–
Your post made me smile! :slight_smile:
We’re set on [name"]
Calla[/name] because it’s a family name and a flower name I’m also not a big fan of calling children by nicknames: I’d much rather use their full official first name.
[/quote]

I think that this baby girl is one lucky little girl to have such a pretty name that you have put so much thought into choosing and your baby is lucky to have such a happy, understanding mother.

I am not a fan on nicknames either but there is a huge trend to it these days. I am very glad that my son, [name]Miles[/name] never had a nn.

I can see you calling her [name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] all the time. It’s lovely as is the whole combo.

All the best!

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] is beautiful - a great choice!

There is a wealth of names in Greek mythology which you might like - try looking up the Titans on Wikipedia, and go from there if you are interested, as that will take you beyond [name]Venus[/name] and [name]Apollo[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] is a gorgeous name!