Middle Name Help

[name]Hi[/name] everyone!

I’m so excited, that I just had to post again (plus I do need some help). My husband and I are finally going to have a baby! We’ve been trying to have a baby for a long, long while now. I posted here a couple of times before, and would just like to post one more time to ask for your opinions. We have decided to use either the name [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Joseph[/name] to honor my grandfather and his good friend. We both still love the names [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], but [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] have personal significance to us, whereas [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], while gorgeous names, do not. I also still like [name]Romy[/name] a lot and have been thinking about using that name for our next dog (if it’s a girl!).

Anyway, here are the combos we like. We’re having a little trouble deciding which one we like the best, and were hoping for your opinions/suggestions (I would make one of those polls, but I don’t know how!). For [name]Josephine[/name] we have:

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

We like all the middle names equally and none of them have any sort of family tie or other special meaning. Which is your favorite?

For [name]Joseph[/name], the only middle name we like so far is [name]Patrick[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] sounds okay? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Our last name is [name]Hayes[/name], if that helps.

I vote for [name]Violet[/name]. I think it’s beautiful!

I love both [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. I’m not as big a fan of [name]Josephine[/name] but I like it fairly. For mns, I love [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] the most (though I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] as well.) I think that a on-syllable mn would have the best flow with [name]Josephine[/name]. Some 1-syllable suggestions:

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Eve[/name]

I think that [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] sounds very handsome and I adore [name]Joseph[/name]. The nn [name]Joey[/name] is so cute for when he’s younger and can mature into [name]Joe[/name] as he gets older. Some other mn suggestions:

[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] (a bit ‘s’ heavy though)
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Luke[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Finley[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Noah[/name]

Sorry I’m a little all over the place for [name]Joseph[/name]'s mns but I couldn’t catch your style :slight_smile:

My favorite is [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]!!

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name]: This flows wonderfully, but I like others better…

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]: Nice combo, but it doesn’t really do anything for me, plus, [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Hayes[/name] are both one syllable so it doesn’t really flow right.

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]: This is so lovely! I think [name]Ivy[/name] spices [name]Josephine[/name] up a little.

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name]: I love the name [name]Alice[/name], and it’s a pretty combo, but something seems a little off in the flow. It’s my second favorite, though!

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Greta[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] is okay, but since both names are/were fairly popular, it doesn’t really hold my interest. It doesn’t exactly have great flow, since both names are two syllables. There’s nothing really wrong with it, though, and it’s a handsome name.

[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Leander[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]

[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] are great, and I love the family significance! My favorites for you are [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] (my pick!), as [name]Pearl[/name] is too short and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sounds better to me than [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]…

For a boy, [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] is a strong, masculine, classic name, and I really like it. You could also try [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Hayes[/name], [name]Joseph[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Hayes[/name], [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Broderick[/name] [name]Hayes[/name], or [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Hayes[/name]…

PS I love your idea of using [name]Romy[/name] for a girl dog. You could use [name]Remy[/name] if the dog is a boy. I also have a neighbor with a dog called Reny, short for Renegade :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!! :slight_smile: If you’d like to make a poll, here’s what you do:

1. Click on “Start a new topic,” just like you did when you created this post.

2. Scroll way down, and past the box in which you typed the post that began this thread, you’ll see the poll feature.

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name]: I love this SO much, but with your last name, [name]Hayes[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] sounds like a violet-colored haze.

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]: I love this, too, but I think a longer middle name would create a better flow with your last name. ([name]Pearl[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] sounds blunt to me.)

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]: I think this is great!

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name]: I like this one a lot, but when I say it out loud, it I hear Josa Finalis.

I’m voting for [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Hayes[/name]. (I love [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name], but not with [name]Hayes[/name].)

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] also comes to mind.

I love [name]Joseph[/name], and [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] sounds very handsome and [name]Kennedy[/name]-esque to me. :slight_smile:

I think a longer middle names sounds great with [name]Hayes[/name], though:

[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]William[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for replying (and sorry I haven’t checked this in a while). I love all of the suggestions you’ve made and have considered all of your advice. My husband and I just wanted some final advice before we tell everyone in our families what we’re planning on naming this baby! I’m not sure if I mentioned this before, but everyone hates the name [name]Josephine[/name], so we just wanted to have our name choices down for sure before we share them. I think it was [name]Jill[/name] who said that [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] makes her think of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Haze[/name] (I agree), but I think that is still our top choice with [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] close behind. [name]Pearl[/name] doesn’t work with our last name (I really like that name for a first - where it definitely doesn’t work - so that’s why we were thinking of tucking it in the middle). We both still like [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], though I really like a lot of the other suggestions as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the feedback these past few months. We really appreciate it. You’ve helped us a lot!