Middle name help!

We are naming our son [name_u]Kai[/name_u], our last name begins with a C and is two syllables. We are struggling with a middle name. We want it to be something meaningful/family name.

Some names we’ve considered…

[name_f]My[/name_f] husbands middle name is Penix which is a family name. I don’t love it but it’s meaningful.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husbands mothers maiden name is [name_u]Collins[/name_u]. It feels like that could be too many K or C sounds in one name!

[name_f]My[/name_f] fathers middle name is [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] but it’s also my ex boyfriends last name which I feel weird about.

Another name we kind of made up is [name_u]Lawson[/name_u], a mix of my fathers middle name and my mothers maiden name.

Anyone have any other ideas?

1 Like

For penix maybe go with [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] or [name_u]Fenix[/name_u] x

3 Likes

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] is great. Also there are versions of [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]: [name_u]Lorin[/name_u], [name_u]Lorne[/name_u], [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m], [name_m]Lauritz[/name_m], etc.

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] could be a way to honor [name_u]Collins[/name_u], and [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is quite handsome.

You could also use [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] to honor your husband.

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] is good!!

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Pheonix[/name_m] (from Penix)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] (inspired by Lawrence)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] (Collins can be derived from Nicholas)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] (inspired by [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] and Collins)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Pasco[/name_m] (Penix is apparently Cornish - as is Pasco)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Lowen[/name_u] (another Cornish name, that could honour Lawrence)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] (another nod to Penix)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Penryn[/name_m] (another nod to Penix)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] (sounds of [name_u]Collins[/name_u] and [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] is associated with laurel trees, as is Apollo)

Thank you everyone! So far I still like [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] the best. [name_f]My[/name_f] fathers middle is [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] and my mothers maiden is [name_m]Larson[/name_m]. Feels the most familiar.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband also likes the [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] option! Couldn’t find anything about [name_u]Collins[/name_u] or [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] having to do with laurel trees?

What about [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Law[/name_m] C_______?
I think that sounds sharp, and checks all the boxes.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] coming on here to support [name_u]Lawson[/name_u]! [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] sounds lovely.

I also really like [name_m]Apollo[/name_m].

1 Like

I would choose [name_u]Lawson[/name_u]! It’s a lovely name and although you are combining names to get to it, it is a legitimate name. I know a 5 year old [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] and it’s great on him.

1 Like

Mentioned this to my husband and he vetoed it!

Combining [name_u]Collins[/name_u] and [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] could get you to [name_m]Rawlins[/name_m].

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Rawlins[/name_m] C______

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] is perfection! Sounds great and has meaning. Winner!!
Good luck!

1 Like

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] has many options. [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_u]Laurie[/name_u], [name_m]Laurent[/name_m], [name_m]Lauro[/name_m], [name_m]Laudalino[/name_m], [name_m]Lorenzen[/name_m], [name_u]Loren[/name_u], [name_m]Loring[/name_m], etc.

I also like [name_u]Kai[/name_u] Lawson!!!

1 Like

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] feels important and packed full of special meaning

1 Like

I think [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] might work best!

1 Like