Middle name ideas for Arto

[name]Hi[/name]! So my husband and I are going to start TTC in the next few months! So exciting. And as always I’m getting ahead of myself. If we have a boy we would call him [name]Arto[/name] (a name my husband first choose from Finnish skateboarder [name]Arto[/name] Saari). It is a name we’ve both loved for about 4 years. It’s a form of [name]Arthur[/name].

So I’m trying to think of 1 or 2 potential middle names. My husbands middle name is [name]William[/name] after his Poppa. His brothers middle is [name]Walter[/name]. So I thought of having the W initial as a first middle initial. My great grandfather (only one I’ve met) was named [name]William[/name] [name]Leonard[/name] (went by [name]Len[/name]). There are a long line of [name]William[/name]'s on this, my grandmothers, side of the family.

I suggested [name]Albert[/name] from my dad’s mn [name]Alexander[/name] and my father in laws mn [name]Robert[/name] - but DH hates it! I also like [name]Willoughby[/name].

There are also a line of Alexanders on my fathers side. Also like [name]Aleksandr[/name] (the Russian spelling) & I’m 1/4 Russian. I also feel it could honour my [name]MIL[/name], [name]Sandra[/name]. So [name]Arto[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Aleksandr[/name] (2 syllable surname starting with F) is a possibility.

Please suggest any W initial middles if you can - or any other names you think may flow well. Honouring family is not a must - although I’d like to give our child some connection with their heritage. Our combined heritage is Australian (born here) English, Russian, [name]German[/name], Irish.

[name]Do[/name] you think it would be too much to give our child the same middle as his father? All suggestions welcome. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m not crazy about [name]Arto[/name] [name]William[/name]. Other suggestions:
[name]Arto[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Arto[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Arto[/name] [name]David[/name]

My oldest son’s has the same middle name as my husband. I think it’s a nice honoring tradition! Good luck!

[name]Arto[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Aleksandr[/name] is excellent. To incorporate some Irish heritage, have you considered [name]Arto[/name] [name]Liam[/name] [name]Aleksandr[/name]?

Thank you for your wonderful suggestions. It has really given me some great ideas.

hsort - we could not use [name]James[/name] as it is chosen for DH’s brother son’s middle name. He is due [name]July[/name] 1st and [name]James[/name] is to honour his FIL. I do like [name]John[/name] although and it is used back on both sides of our family (isn’t it on almost everyones :slight_smile: )

lori johnson - Thank you for including the names for different nationalities. I had never heard for [name]Artur[/name]. Would have to get used to the pronunciation - as right now it sounds like I’m saying [name]Arthur[/name] incorrectly. [name]Sasha[/name] is a great one - Although it tends to sound feminine over here. I like it and tucked away in the middle there is no way he could get teased for it. I know it is definitely masculine in [name]Russia[/name] where it matters.

agirlinred - [name]Liam[/name] is great for two reasons - Irish and from [name]William[/name]! Thank you. And even though its’ 2 syllables & short like [name]Arto[/name] at least [name]Aleksandr[/name] could break it up as a longer 3 syllable name.

:slight_smile: