middle name MUST be Lee!

I’m in a baby-naming dilemma. It has been a tradition in my family for five generations to give the name [name]Lee[/name] to the first born girl. I don’t want to break the tradition, but I’m having a really hard time coming up names for my baby girl! I’m in love with the name [name]Violet[/name], but if you say the two names together, it sounds too much like “violently.” My second choice would be [name]Amelia[/name]. I’m not crazy about the double L’s that you hear in [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. I also like [name]Caroline[/name], but it falls along the same lines as [name]Amelia[/name]. [name]Sara[/name], another name I really like, would make [name]Sara[/name] [name]Lee[/name]! I’m going crazy trying to find a good combination that doesn’t sound like a word plus -ly.

I like the way [name]Juniper[/name] (nm [name]June[/name]) [name]Lee[/name] sounds. If I used [name]Juniper[/name] for a name, I wouldn’t use [name]Violet[/name] because it would be to “naturey.” Plus I feel like the name [name]June[/name] wouldn’t flow with names like [name]Amelia[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name]. I googled the name and found out there was a children’s show called The Life and Times of [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. I’m just not winning with this one.

I’m open to any suggestions. Berries, please help me out on this one! :slight_smile:

If you love [name]Violet[/name], then use it! [name]How[/name] many times is the mn [name]Lee[/name] going to be used in a lifetime? Does your family use both names or just the first one? Sure, [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is not ideal but you get to “kill two birds with one stone”: you would honor family tradition and you get to choose a name you love. :slight_smile:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lee[/name] sounds really nice!!

My middle name is [name]Lee[/name] :).

~[name]Jasmine[/name] [name]Lee[/name], SAB

Could you use two mns to break up [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lee[/name]? Maybe [name]Violet[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Lee[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lee[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Lee[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Lee[/name], etc.?
Also, could you use a different form of [name]Violet[/name] or something similar? What about [name]Violette[/name] [name]Lee[/name] or [name]Viola[/name] [name]Lee[/name]? I think [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lee[/name] and [name]Sara[/name] [name]Lee[/name] are fine too. For [name]Sara[/name], you could put another mn between [name]Sara[/name] and [name]Lee[/name] ([name]Sara[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Lee[/name]) or after both ([name]Sara[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]).

Here are some other possibilities:

[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Lee[/name] (sounds like merrily, but that’s not bad!)
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Thais[/name] [name]Lee[/name]

I have a [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lea[/name] (prn. [name]LEE[/name] (also a family tradition) :slight_smile: Viloet [name]Lee[/name] is pretty, I also like [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lee[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] the idea of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Lee[/name].

Here are a few girls I know that have the middle name [name]Lee[/name]/[name]Leigh[/name];

[name]Natasha[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Jamie[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Abbie[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Angharad[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Sherri[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Katie[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Jade[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Demi[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Courtney[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]

[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Lee[/name] ([name]Love[/name] this!)
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Winona[/name] [name]Lee[/name] (My favorite from this group)

I would use a longer name to eliminate the idea of, say, [name]Amberly[/name] instead of [name]Amber[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. I like [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Lee[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Lee[/name] because of the nickname possibilities of [name]Abby[/name]-[name]Lee[/name] and [name]Josie[/name]-[name]Lee[/name].

What about [name]Viola[/name] [name]Lee[/name]? They Ls might be too close together, but it might cut down on the “violently” feeling. I do like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lee[/name] a lot, but I also get what you’re saying. If you otherwise love [name]Violet[/name] it might be worth going for. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lee[/name] isn’t the most problematic name in the world, and she could always go by [name]Violet[/name] L.

Suggestions …

[name]Juno[/name] [name]Lee[/name] (Too attached to the movie? It might be, but I wish it wasn’t. The actress [name]Juno[/name] [name]Temple[/name] seems to be getting more and more roles, so maybe if she becomes more well-known the association won’t be so strong?)
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Ayelet[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Maris[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
Elowen [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Tanis[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Mirin[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Bethan[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Rumer[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Indira[/name] [name]Lee[/name] / [name]India[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Basia[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Annora[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Irina[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Carina[/name] [name]Lee[/name]

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Vita[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Veda[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Viva[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Mila[/name] [name]Lee[/name]

Also I think [name]Juniper[/name] & [name]Violet[/name] are cute…even though they’re both nature names I don’t find it to be too much.
And [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lee[/name] sounds lovely imo.

I like a lot of the suggestions people have made already, including [name]Viola[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. BUT I really love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. I see what you’re saying, but I don’t really think people will say it fast like that when they’re saying her first and middle names. If they’re using her middle name, it would likely be a formal occasion, so they’d be saying it slowly. I think [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is a beautiful name, and if it’s your favorite, you should absolutely use it.