Middle name narrowed down but --

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] All –

I posted a few days ago about searching for a middle name for [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]. Hubs and I were looking for an ‘M’ middle - I think we have agreed to decide between:

[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] Marchesa
([name_f]Mar[/name_f]-[name_u]Kay[/name_u]-Za)

Our last name is Italian and 4 syllables, I personally think either can work.

His hesitation with [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]: [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] connection - I didn’t even think of that right off the bat to be honest. I think its a cute not-so feminine name to pair with [name_f]Adriana[/name_f].

My hesitation with Marchesa: The designer Marchesa - I know the meaning of this name is much deeper (which I like) just wondering if it sounds too much like we are naming her after the design house by [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] Chapman and [name_f]Keren[/name_f] [name_m]Craig[/name_m] - which hubs has never heard of. I still like it though.

I feel like both of these connections are somewhat generational but are either glaringly bad??

Any thoughts before I literally pull one from a hat? :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually really like the sound of both of them. I would say that if there is much of an “A” sound in your last name to go with [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] to break it up a bit but otherwise I think both names are lovely. I think the [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] connected is stronger than Marchesa but I don’t think it’s a bad one.

I love [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] and I didn’t think of the [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] connection until you mentioned it. I wouldn’t worry about that

I love Marchesa! And yes, I would think if you name her after the designer and if you use [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] instead I would think you name her after [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]. I don’t think it’s a big deal though. First of all, it’s in the middle spot. Second, if you even briefly explain it that you don’t name her after the designer/[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f], people will understand.

If it matters I think [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] connection is stronger. People who don’t really like fashion will less likely to know the designer.

I havent heard of the designer Marcheza and I think its a beautiful name!
Unless you strongly dislike [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], I dont think the association should bother you, [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] feels very trendy and she would fit right in
Have you considered [name_f]Monet[/name_f] (mo-nay)?

Personally, I don’t care for either middle. I would pick Marcheza of the two. Suggestions:

[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Maria[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]

Neither is a bad choice! But the [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] connection definitely does come to mind for me. It sounds nice though, and that connection isn’t bad in my opinion.

What about:

[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Mirella[/name_f]

Neither are my style, but I would choose [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] because it is a classic surname and I didn’t automatically associate it with [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]. Marcheza made me think of the designer right away and for that reason I think it is kind of tacky. Also, with a long fn and a 4 syl last name I would go with something shorter in the middle. However, I do adore the suggestion of [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is also great or just [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

I would hands down pick [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. I think the flow of [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] sounds lovely and not at all clunky like the other. Would definitely not worry about the [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] connection. I didn’t think it until you said it.

I would vote [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] since I don’t love the meaning of Marchesa, but it is pretty. I would also suggest [name_f]Marcellina[/name_f], [name_f]Madelene[/name_f], or [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f].

[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] Marchesa is beautiful!
I also like:
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Milania[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Monet[/name_f]

Marsadeez(pronounced mar-say-deez),[name_f]Mercedes[/name_f], Marceia(mar-see-a)

I think both names sound great with [name_f]Adriana[/name_f], but Marchesa is my favorite. I didn’t even think of the company until you brought it up!
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] is cute, as well, and I wouldn’t worry about being associated with [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. Many celebrity surnames are trendy now ([name_u]Tatum[/name_u], Aniston/[name_f]Anniston[/name_f], [name_m]Bowie[/name_m], etc.) and [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] would fit right in.