Middle name opinions / new ideas

I’m looking for new middle names for the first names [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]!

Nathaniel and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] are two of my very favorite boys’ names. I’ve had the combos [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Ara[/name_u] for a few years now, and while I like them a lot, I don’t think I love [name_u]Ara[/name_u] or [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] enough to give to future children. They also don’t really match style-wise with the other names on my list. I’m not having kids any time soon, and I’m not totally ditching these combos, but I’d like to find new middles I really, really love.

Anyway, I’m looking to replace them. Here are the ideas I’ve had:

• Nathaniel [name_u]March[/name_u] - is [name_u]March[/name_u] weird as a name? Is it too tied to the month, [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women, or marching?
  • Nathaniel [name_u]James[/name_u] - too expected? I already have [name_u]James[/name_u] in other combos, too, which isn’t ideal
  • Nathaniel [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] - is it hard to say? (like a tongue twister?)
  • Nathaniel [name_u]Forest[/name_u] - Kind of a mouthful?
  • Nathaniel [name_u]Peace[/name_u] - is [name_u]Peace[/name_u] too unusual with my other names?
  • Benjamin [name_m]Cole[/name_m] - I like it, but I don’t know if I love it
  • Benjamin [name_u]Porter[/name_u] - same as above

I’d love thoughts on those combos, as well as any other suggestions you might have, especially for [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] UC gives a pretty good idea of my style- classics and well-established modern names, with the occasional outlier.

Nathaniel [name_u]March[/name_u] is okay. I don’t think it’s a weird middle name. It is half the month, half [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women, but that’s not entirely bad.
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is very expected. Again, that’s not bad or negative, it’s just a safe, solid, every guy type of name.
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] doesn’t have the best flow, but I like [name_u]Rylan[/name_u].
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] also doesn’t roll of the tongue but [name_u]Forest[/name_u] is beautiful and has a similar gentleness as [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m].
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Peace[/name_u] could be [name_m]Nataniel[/name_m] [name_u]Pax[/name_u], if you don’t mind the suggestion.
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] is okay. Perfectly inoffensive and traditional. [name_m]Cole[/name_m] is a name I will never get tired of, but [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]’s weight and lenght swallows it a bit.
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] is not for me, sorry. [name_u]Porter[/name_u] has an upper crusty vibe that other people love, I’m sure, but doesn’ really interest me.

I think [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Ara[/name_u] and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] are the clear winners of all these middle names. I actually like those middle names a lot!

1 Like

Nathaniel [name_u]March[/name_u] sounds very dignified, and I have [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] on my long list :sweat_smile: same with [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]! [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] do sound mushy to me, I can’t really enunciate the 2 names properly, and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Peace[/name_u] is out there compared to your other names.

Maybe you’d like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], which has the peace connection through meaning dove? I also have [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Seth[/name_u] and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] on my list too.

For [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], I’m just going to copy all my combos here since we have practically the same style :joy: feel free to steal! (Duh, I’m suggesting to you)

Benjamin [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u].

And from just looking at my name list [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Ara[/name_u]/Ari would be adorable and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] sounds very classic cool.

@pearls_bacon Thank you for your feedback! [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Pax[/name_u] has a great sound, but I don’t love [name_u]Pax[/name_u], personally.

@MagnoliaE I hope I didn’t steal those from you! [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] has a great sound, but I don’t love [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] (though it is growing on me, so maybe someday I’ll like it? we’ll see, haha). I do like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] a lot! [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is great, though I don’t see myself with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (too similar to my own name). I also really like [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Ari[/name_u], but I already have an [name_u]Ari[/name_u] on both sides of my family, so I don’t think I would use it. Thank you so much for the suggestions- we do have a very similar style!

2 Likes

Nathan [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] is one of the founders of the KKK and a Confederate soldier so I would stay away from [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]! I just noticed that the combo looked really familiar and remember somebody asking about that once! Wanted to let you know so that people wouldn’t assume anything because you like a combo and just didn’t realize anything!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Rylan[/name_u]—very handsome.

1 Like

@sophia_elena Oh, goodness! That’s awful, thank you for pointing that out :grimacing: [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] is off the list!

@voughtlori Thank you! I really love the name [name_u]Rylan[/name_u], so I’m glad you like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Rylan[/name_u].

2 Likes
  • [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] March - Definitely unique, but not in a bad way. It has a really handsome sound to it.
  • [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - Handsome, strong, and a tad expected.
  • [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Rylan[/name_u]- I’m just not into the name [name_u]Rylan[/name_u], but it sounds nice!
  • [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]- Sounds very poetic!
  • [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] Peace - This is a little far out for me.
  • [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] Cole - This sounds like perfection.
  • [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] Porter - I’m not really into [name_u]Porter[/name_u].
1 Like

Nathaniel [name_u]March[/name_u] is amazing

Benjamin [name_u]Porter[/name_u] is cute

Nathaniel [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]

1 Like

Nathaniel [name_u]March[/name_u] is beautiful! I don’t think [name_u]March[/name_u] is a weird name, particularly if used in the middle name spot.

You could perhaps like:

Nathaniel [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] (botanical like [name_u]Forest[/name_u] and cool-R like [name_u]Rylan[/name_u])
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]

1 Like

@flamingo Thank you for your feedback :blush:

@Greyblue Thank you! I’m glad you like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u]. I really like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] from your suggestions.

@pinkbar Thank you! I’m glad you like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u]. [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u], and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] are great suggestions, thank you!

1 Like