I’m looking for new middle names for the first names [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]!
Nathaniel and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] are two of my very favorite boys’ names. I’ve had the combos [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Ara[/name_u] for a few years now, and while I like them a lot, I don’t think I love [name_u]Ara[/name_u] or [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] enough to give to future children. They also don’t really match style-wise with the other names on my list. I’m not having kids any time soon, and I’m not totally ditching these combos, but I’d like to find new middles I really, really love.
Anyway, I’m looking to replace them. Here are the ideas I’ve had:
- Nathaniel [name_u]March[/name_u] - is [name_u]March[/name_u] weird as a name? Is it too tied to the month, [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women, or marching?
- Nathaniel [name_u]James[/name_u] - too expected? I already have [name_u]James[/name_u] in other combos, too, which isn’t ideal
- Nathaniel [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] - is it hard to say? (like a tongue twister?)
- Nathaniel [name_u]Forest[/name_u] - Kind of a mouthful?
- Nathaniel [name_u]Peace[/name_u] - is [name_u]Peace[/name_u] too unusual with my other names?
- Benjamin [name_m]Cole[/name_m] - I like it, but I don’t know if I love it
- Benjamin [name_u]Porter[/name_u] - same as above
I’d love thoughts on those combos, as well as any other suggestions you might have, especially for [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] UC gives a pretty good idea of my style- classics and well-established modern names, with the occasional outlier.