Middle Name Options for Rose

See the results of this poll: Pick your favourite(s)

Respondents: 59 (This poll is closed)

• Rose Evangelina : 23 (32%)
  • Rose Henrietta : 19 (27%)
  • Rose Antonia : 21 (30%)
  • Rose Cornélia: 8 (11%)

Honestly I like all of them except [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] in this case. First chose would be [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f], second would be [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], third would be Cornélia.

They’re all so lovely! I voted for the very British, slightly prickly [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], but I’m intrigued by [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Cornélia too.

I really love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], it’s quite special. Romantic but not overly frilly, strong but not harsh, familiar but unique.
My second favourite would be rose cornelia, though I’ve never gotten how é makes an “ay” sound (at least not in [name_m]French[/name_m] which most people seem to base it on).
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] is wondeful, too, but I don’t love it as much as the other two.

The only one I don’t love is rose [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], it’s too frilly and sweet for me.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] is stunning! I also really like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]

Thank you all for your feedback thus far!

@opheliaflora I met a Spanish woman whose name was (or is, I suppose) Cornélia and she spelled/pronounced it like this.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] seems so strong and feisty, I love it.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] & [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] both stood out to me! I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] as is feels less “expected”.

Cornélia wins by a mile for me. I think with something as classic and simple as [name_f]Rose[/name_f], you may as well pick a truly unusual/elaborate middle, and Cornélia has both qualities in spades. It’s underused and feels fresh, and sounds particularly fantastic with [name_f]Rose[/name_f], too. I miiiight have to bring this one up in the Wow thread…

I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f]. A little too lacey for me. I like the other three, but chose [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] because I really like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] Cather’s My [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] is absolutely stunning!!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]!!! So absolutely gorgeous and special. Second choice would be [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f], probably the former. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Cornélia feels slightly bland to me, I think maybe because [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and Cornélia both have an O as the first vowel so there isn’t as much contrast.

Thank you everyone!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]

I know it’s not on your list but I’ve always fancied the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f].