• Blythe Emmeline
  • Blythe Magdalene
  • Blythe Evangeline
  • Blythe Evadne
  • Blythe Avonlea
  • Blythe Genevieve
  • Blythe Juliet/Juliette
0 voters

Not pregnant, but trying to keep my eyes open nursing all night has me dreaming of names for hypothetical baby #3.
I’m suddenly in LOVE with the combos Blythe Lilibeth, Blythe Annabeth or AnnieBeth, and Blythe Emmeline.

How do we feel about the name Blythe? And in a hypothetical world where we have a future daughter, would Blythe be too similar to use for Clyde’s sister? Or would it be weird that Clyde and Blythe are a little matchy and then our oldest (Warren) would feel random in the sibling set?

All hypothetical but I can’t stop myself from dreaming. :joy:

1 Like

I’m not personally a fan of [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] but I see the appeal. However [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] would be too similar for comfort for me personally.

You have some great middles in your combo list. I voted for [name_f]Evadne[/name_f], but I also really like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - I just don’t think they go as well in the combo (I feel a vowel name after [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] works best). While I’m not a fan of [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], it makes for a great combo with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. If [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] were [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] I would’ve voted for that - I’m not usually a fan of -bel / belle names, but I do like the Scottish [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] (as opposed to the more princessy Annabelle), and I feel the middles which also have a -th sound are too much with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f].

If you’re open to suggestions, I’d like to put forward [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f].

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and would be delighted to see it on a little girl.

It does feel a little out of step with [name_m]Warren[/name_m] and [name_m]Clyde[/name_m], but it still works. I actually like [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] together - yes, they are rather matchy, but in a pleasant way.

I love @Lula-Rose 's suggestion of [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]! And I agree that there’s probably too much “th” in combos like [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f], but it’s not a reason not to use the name if you love it.

2 Likes

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is gorgeous - balanced sound-wise and beautiful!

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] are a bit rhymey for me though

1 Like

I love [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and I also almost prefer the spelling Blithe… would have used it in a heartbeat if hubby had liked it so I’m glad someone else may get to! I do think it maybe a liitle to close to Clyde… so I’d be tempted to put it in the middle for that reason only. It is a name that worls splendidly in the middle being 1 syllable.

1 Like

I originally had [name_f]Anabelle[/name_f] on my list but wasn’t sure how I felt about it. It gives me nostalgia because I was OBSESSED with a movie called “Annabel’s Wish” when I was little. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not sure how I feel about the name since [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] was a cow. Then again I tried to name our son [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], so… :joy:

1 Like

Yeahhh, [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] would probably be too rhyme-y for siblings. I’ll probably never have a girl anyway :joy: (love being a boy mom!) but girl names are so fun!

I LOVE [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]!

1 Like

Husbands are really good and squashing name dreams. :joy: