Middle name problems

After doing a paternity test and getting the results back, I have found out the father of my baby is not the guy with the last name Goodman. Therefore, baby’s last name will not be Goodman.

This is probably irrelevant, but the father of the baby wants to be in the baby’s life, and we are moving in together sometime in the next two months. While I don’t feel completely comfortable putting his last name out there since it’s kind of rare, I’ll just say it starts with a D and is a [name_m]French[/name_m] last name.

Both of us have decided on the name [name_f]Ava[/name_f] for baby’s first name. We love the name and after thinking about it, I have decided that I want to use it. The problem that we’re facing is a middle name. He wants the middle name to be [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], and I want it to be [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]. I know it’s different by one letter, but we literally cannot choose between the two. I have always loved the name [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], and I would like for her middle name to be more unique since her first name is so popular.

What do you guys think? Should we choose [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] or [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], or think of more middle names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions for rare or unique middle names that would go with [name_f]Ava[/name_f]?

I favor [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] although both names are lovely.

I like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] D… best-- I agree with you that it sounds better and is less common. Some other possibilities starting with L:

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_m]Laurent[/name_m]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], too! [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] feels more dated to me, but [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] feels fresh and naturey and sweet. I would like very much to meet a little [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]! I love the suggestions of [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]/[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Leonore[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]–both very pretty and dainty!

I’ve always liked longer, more romantic-feeling names with [name_f]Ava[/name_f]–like:

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

etc.

Good luck!

I love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_m]Laurent[/name_m], and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]!

Thank you so much! I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] as a middle name, especially that spelling of the name. I also love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] have been on my baby name list for a long time. I just never thought to use those three names with [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. Thank you for the suggestions!

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f].