Middle name, this or that? Or maybe this...(:

Only 3 weeks until baby day. We finally have a first name ([name_u]Ember[/name_u]!), now it’s time to decide a middle name. We have 3 options, and we’re having a hard time choosing. Help!

[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]

Thanks in advance! (:

I like [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]! I like the rhythm, they both have two syllables but the stressed syllable is different, and the repeated E is cute to me (but a different E sound so it’s not too repetitive). [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is my second choice. I like the 2-1 rhythm and [name_f]Claire[/name_f]'s a great name, but they both end in R FWIW, I think it’s just a bit less memorable. [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is perfectly acceptable and fine but [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is often overdone as a middle. If there’s some family connection to it or something then I like it as much as [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]! If not, [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Maria[/name_f], [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_u]Marion[/name_u], [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] etc all feel fresher. Although maybe I’m not quite loving the repeated M and R in all of them?

Best wishes!

I like [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f].

Another vote for [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]

[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f].

[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but depending on the syllables in your last name. With a longer surname I think [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is the most elegant :slight_smile:

If your surname is more than one syllable, I’d go with [name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (and it’s my favorite!).

[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is my fave!

This was my thought, as well. :]

[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Elyse[/name_f] for sure!