Middle name

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all :blush:
I’m planning on calling my baby mikayla-skye if it’s a girl just wondering if there is a need for a middle also
[name_m]Just[/name_m] like to see some opinions as we can’t decide

I’d nix the hyphen and name her [name_f]Mikayla[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] as first and middle, continuing to call her both.

I agree - the hyphen is a pain in the butt in real life - name her [name_f]Mikayla[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u], first and middle and call her that.

Couldn’t agree more!

My thought exactly. :slight_smile:

I agree with everyone else.

Unpopular opinion here, but I’d keep the hyphen. [name_m]Trust[/name_m] me, without it, a lot of people will ignore the double first name in day to day life.

What about;

[name_f]Mikayla[/name_f]-[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_f]Mikayla[/name_f]-[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Mikayla[/name_f]-[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mikayla[/name_f]-[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mikayla[/name_f]-[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

I agree with other posters that you should get rid of the hyphen. I have met plenty of people who go by their first and middle name together (ex: [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]) who don’t have a hyphen, and people always said both names because that’s how they introduced themselves.

As basicaly everyone else said just ditch the hyphen. [name_f]Imo[/name_f] it makes the name look kinda tacky anyway.