Middle names for Alice? Sister to Maddie....

Well, we’ve finally (really this time!) decided on a first name for our 2nd DD due in just 2 weeks. We are going to go with [name]Alice[/name] (last name is [name]Gavin[/name]). Originally I was just going to use it as one of the middle names (to honor 1 family member on each side), but we’ve decided it will be a good fn, and like the nn [name]Ali[/name]/[name]Allie[/name].
I’m still having some trouble coming up with 2 middle names (family tradition) that have a good flow and don’t spell something odd with the initials.

Big sister’s name is [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

Some names I do like: [name]Jane[/name], [name]Shae[/name], [name]Meredith[/name], [name]Ella[/name] (this is random off the top of my head and do not have to be used)

Names on the NO list: Any “c” names, any forms of [name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Julia[/name]

Thank you all so much for your help on this!! Berries definitely have the best style I’ve seen in all my searching! And advice…which I am in need of!
:slight_smile:

Here was my previous post (not sure how to link them like some ppl do?):

sk23 wrote:We are having our 2nd girl in less than 2 months and we have no name....I wish I had a list to ask you all to comment on, but we can't seem to come up with one!

Here's our situation -
1st DD name is [name]Madeline[/name].... which is too popular in my opinion now, so I definitely don't want another popular name. I would like something that sounds good with [name]Maddie[/name]. I guess I am more traditional and don't want any name that is too 'out there' - but I don't want her to be one of 5 [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s either!

Our last name starts with a G, has 2 syllables, and ends in "in".... it is also often times a boy's first name (which is making this harder, as names that are very unisex seem 'off' to me with our last name - or that ppl might think she is a boy).

And finally....it's tradition in my family for all the girls to have two middle names. I'd like to use [name]Alice[/name] as one of them (after 2 family members), but not totally required.

We were originally considering [name]Morgan[/name], but it breaks most of my above 'rules' (plus the teasing nn Morgue is not very appealing to me!)

THANK YOU!! I'm getting nervous that we have no name yet....what if she decides to come early! Eeeek!

[name]Alice[/name] is one of my favorites! It goes very well with [name]Madeline[/name]. Here are some random combos…

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Octavia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] just happens to be my middle name so I’m biased when I say “it’s lovely”! Ha! Ha! Here are some middle name suggestions.
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Isadora[/name] [name]June[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maude[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lavinia[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Hope[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Irene[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Shae[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Simone[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]

Hm. Okay, what would I put with [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]? Maybe you could do another repeated initial, so she could be [name]Alice[/name] ---- A ---- [name]Gavin[/name]? Let’s see what I can do with that first:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Anna[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Annora[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]*
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Adele[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]*
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Emily[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]*
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]* - [name]Love[/name] this one!

(Marked my favorites with a star for you!)

Here are some more I like:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Diana[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Cate[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]June[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Lots of combos I haven’t thought of! :slight_smile:

I really like how [name]Alice[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] sounds, but I haven’t been able to sell my DH on it. I really think I like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] too though! AJAG - not too bad. If we did [name]Alice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ___ - does that sound “plain”?

Also, do you think it’s a problem if the first middle name starts with an “E” since [name]Alice[/name] ends with it? [name]Emily[/name] for example…

I really like the idea of doing the double initials again (AGAG in this case), but the “G” middle names just seem forced to me…if that makes sense? Maybe I just haven’t found a G name I like the flow of yet.

Any other ideas?

Thank you all!!!

I immediately thought of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]- not on your list, but I think it sounds really good. My best tries for AGAG:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] (a little long, but my favorite)
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Galina[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Giovanna[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]